CoinPeople.com

my last 2 kopeks 1763 recoining

netFish

this is my resent treasure

2 kopeks. Pavel's recoining MM, Edge-netted. 20.48 Gr.

reference: Konros,9th edition 2007

2s76emw.jpg

14w65jn.jpg

i am trying to figure out what it was before? I can read through overstrike ЧЕТЫРЕ , it means four .... i might be wrong

i am trying to figure out what it was before? I can read through overstrike ЧЕТЫРЕ , it means four .... i might be wrong

ЧЕТЫРЕ it is right,

it is a 2 kopeks of Moscow mint of Catherine II (the Great) overstuck

on 4 kopeks of Peter III of 1762 :ninja:

Netfish, your question here, and your previous posts, tell me that you are probably a new collector.

I understand your enthusiasm and the desire to get as many coins as you can.

But before you add anything else to your collection, please buy and read some books to learn about the coins before you buy them. The books will more than pay for themselves by helping you to avoid mistakes and deepen your appreciation of them.

Buying without reading will provide you with many painful lessons.

There are many good books. Bitkin's catalog is highly regarded. If you can find it, I also suggest I.G. Spasskii's "Russian Monetary System". It was published in Russian and there is an English translation as well. :ninja:

Netfish, your question here, and your previous posts, tell me that you are probably a new collector.

I understand your enthusiasm and the desire to get as many coins as you can.

But before you add anything else to your collection, please buy and read some books to learn about the coins before you buy them. The books will more than pay for themselves by helping you to avoid mistakes and deepen your appreciation of them.

Buying without reading will provide you with many painful lessons.

There are many good books. Bitkin's catalog is highly regarded. If you can find it, I also suggest I.G. Spasskii's "Russian Monetary System". It was published in Russian and there is an English translation as well. :ninja:

hi their, yes - you are right. I am a new collector. I collect coins that i like. I am really appreciated advises and expertize that i am getting here.

Bog thanks to one-kuna !

hi their, yes - you are right. I am a new collector. I collect coins that i like. I am really appreciated advises and expertize that i am getting here.

Bog thanks to one-kuna !

:ninja:

Archived