CoinPeople.com

Classic russian rarity coins 1700-1917

one-kuna

Why did this topic start? Who gives a sh*t what the term means to a cataloger?

IMHO the original poster of this topic is has a prejudice as to what specific coins should or should not be described as "Classic Russian Rarity"

I suppose if one had access to a large number of old auction catalogs from years past, one could sift through and document each and every coin listed as such, and present the results. But i dont see the point. :ninja:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So often can be seen at auctions, also internet auctions such a phrase

in coin description - "classic russian rarity".

I was wondering which coins can be called like this,

are these coins R1, R2 or R3 ?

Or only R4 coins can be called a "classic" ?

All opinions are welcome :ninja:

when I started this topic - I was expecting opinions only, not the lesson what the "classic" means or so,

and it looks like this topic does touch many ;)

Did that. Says, classic rarity is something that is rare and popular enough to be called a classic rarity. Did I leave anything out? :ninja:

The key here is that "an object that is rare enough and popular enough to be advertised as " "classic rarity".

I.e. an object is a classic rarity, not a "classic rarity" is a "classic rarity" ;)

I.e. an object is a classic rarity, not a "classic rarity" is a "classic rarity" ;)

this could have been puzzled even a champion from spell word competition :ninja:

My goodness, aren't the walls perpendicular tonight? ;)

in PA :ninja:

I think it's a somewhat more universal phenomenon... ;)

i can't stop laughing - it is very funny :ninja:

As a design professional, I can tell you the walls are not always perpendiclular.

However, sometimes the walls dont reach the ceiling. :ninja:

As an attorney, I can tell you that this "argument" is nothing compared to all the crap that is going on here at the office. ;) This is harmless fun compared to the zoo we have here at work.

I am one of them, and in no particular hurry to be behind the bars yet. On the other hand, if you think you would enjoy that type of view from the inside, that could be easily arranged. ;)

Well. I really like where I am now (it is sunny, warm and bright around here !) . :ninja:

Keep on fighting , man !

sooo......

How is that cataloging of "classic russian rarities" going? there is at least one in the Baldwin Auction..... :ninja:

if you have a printed catalog pls compare lot 1955 and 2004,

it looks to me that they have same color

if you have a printed catalog pls compare lot 1955 and 2004,

it looks to me that they have same color

Do not look for a black cat in the dark room.

I know both coins. They are from different sources, different collections, all different...

In any case, what are you implying?

Do not look for a black cat in the dark room.

I know both coins. They are from different sources, different collections, all different...

In any case, what are you implying?

Do not look for a black cat in the dark room - is this the same as to look for needle in a hay of rick?

Your pre-face has a strong emotion - was there a long traffic on a way home?

It seems to me that printed catalog depicts identical color for both rotter coins, one of them according your really good story

was kept by a dealer for a few decades.

Also, in my opinion, the 1724 kopek in "very fine" condition is overgraded, while a kopek 1762 has much, much better look but graded as "almost very fine".

I hope you had a nice dinner.

Archived