CoinPeople.com

II. Ferdinand gold 10 ducat! 1635

Blackdrone

I'm with Hussulo on this one, I cannot say for sure either way...but it is certainly a neat coin.

The coin itself doesn't appear to be fake at first glance but without knowing the detail like the back of my hand it is impossible to say for sure. The thing that works for me is the double stamping in places which is rather common on coins from this era; unfortunately that can also be easily mimicked. The coin does appear to have been polished at one time or another...which gives no indication of legitimacy or illegitimacy whatsoever; just wanted to point it out.

I'm with Hussulo on this one, I cannot say for sure either way...but it is certainly a neat coin.

The coin itself doesn't appear to be fake at first glance but without knowing the detail like the back of my hand it is impossible to say for sure. The thing that works for me is the double stamping in places which is rather common on coins from this era; unfortunately that can also be easily mimicked. The coin does appear to have been polished at one time or another...which gives no indication of legitimacy or illegitimacy whatsoever; just wanted to point it out.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please see pictures.

It's fake coin, or real?

No catalog for this coin, it's very rare.

HELP!! Weight is 34,52 gramms.

not the same but similar:

http://www.coinarchives.com/f3e5099edd959d.../image00041.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you.

Look in a Standard Catolog of World Coins 1601-1700, Bohemia, page 120, KM#319...

It lists a 10 Ducat, Weight 35 grams, Ruler Ferdinand II, Obverse: Standing figure of Ferdinand II between two shields, Reverse Crowned imperial eagle

Years minted 1621-1637

The only variance from the picture shown is the mint mark below the tail feathers which shows a star and half moon, but the ancher appears in other pictures dated later on the same page...

Look in a Standard Catolog of World Coins 1601-1700, Bohemia, page 120, KM#319...

It lists a 10 Ducat, Weight 35 grams, Ruler Ferdinand II, Obverse: Standing figure of Ferdinand II between two shields, Reverse Crowned imperial eagle

Years minted 1621-1637

The only variance from the picture shown is the mint mark below the tail feathers which shows a star and half moon, but the ancher appears in other pictures dated later on the same page...

Thank you.

Archived