CoinPeople.com

My new hammered half groat!

FrankVenn

I recently got this hammered Edward III half groat in a lot of coins that I paid £19 for!

the lot contained some other nice coins but I've re-listed them on Ebay and I'm just keeping the half groat, it has some great detail but I realized its been clipped a bit!

jfz3g8.jpg

339n68l.jpg

Very nice, I do like the medieval groats and half groats, I have a few of the groats myself. Very good looking coins, which is probably why the design lasted for a couple of hundred years.

Very nice, I do like the medieval groats and half groats, I have a few of the groats myself. Very good looking coins, which is probably why the design lasted for a couple of hundred years.

Thanks, you should post some pictures of yours.

I'm not sure what to collect! GRRR

You can see some of my coins if you go to - British coins(at the top left) - and click on recent additions by Mat25. There are a couple of nice medieval groats in there.

I didnt know what to collect when I started, I still don't if im honest but my collecting is definately a bit more focused now. Im sure once you have a few coins, you will like some more than others and that generally helps you to decide which route to go down.

You can see some of my coins if you go to - British coins(at the top left) - and click on recent additions by Mat25. There are a couple of nice medieval groats in there.

I didnt know what to collect when I started, I still don't if im honest but my collecting is definately a bit more focused now. Im sure once you have a few coins, you will like some more than others and that generally helps you to decide which route to go down.

I have totally gone of collecting Roman and stuff, I think there ugly coins. I wanna target one particular period.

Archived