CoinPeople.com

Bitkin or other

kaban

Hi, I am new to coin collecting and hear many stories of fakes passing as novodels or authentic coins etc. Most of the stuff I bought so far was on Ebay where prices still seem to be cheaper than auctions for most, but rarest coins. I am lookign for advise from respectful members of this forum on 2 main issues

- Can anybody recommend the best catalogue to use? Bitkin seems to be most cmoprehensive but i cant find a printed copy plus its balck and white. Also where to get one of those and what's the fair price. I only saw one offering for $278

- Any other good sources of coins on-line other than heritage and ebay

Thank you

Hi, I am new to coin collecting and hear many stories of fakes passing as novodels or authentic coins etc. Most of the stuff I bought so far was on Ebay where prices still seem to be cheaper than auctions for most, but rarest coins. I am lookign for advise from respectful members of this forum on 2 main issues

- Can anybody recommend the best catalogue to use? Bitkin seems to be most cmoprehensive but i cant find a printed copy plus its balck and white. Also where to get one of those and what's the fair price. I only saw one offering for $278

- Any other good sources of coins on-line other than heritage and ebay

Thank you

See post #24:

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showto...20&start=20

Thank you for this link, but seems like it works no more,i.e. no Bitkin available

Appreciate it anyway

Did you read post #24 in the link alexbq2 gave you?

Kopeikin got it as recently as last month, although there were only a few copies left by then.

This is a very good book and is in both English and Russian.

Did you read post #24 in the link alexbq2 gave you?

Kopeikin got it as recently as last month, although there were only a few copies left by then.

This is a very good book and is in both English and Russian.

Just had email from Mr. Bitkin. There are no more copies available. He is working on a new edition, but not sure when it will be done.