CoinPeople.com

hi all

A very warm welcome to you. :ninja:

If you post some clear photographs, I'm sure some people will be able to aid you. ;)

A very warm welcome to you. :ninja:

If you post some clear photographs, I'm sure some people will be able to aid you. ;)

thanks !!

will get some up asap.

heres 1 to start, i aint got a clue but assume its not a coin as there is no value written on it

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

It's a French jetton --you're right not a coin, but a medal of sorts. Louis-Philippe was king of France 1830-1848. His eldest son Ferdinand-Philippe had the title of Duc d'Orléans, as all French princes do who are first in line to the throne. He was much loved by the French and was greatly mourned when he died in an accident in 1842 at the age of 32.

It's a French jetton --you're right not a coin, but a medal of sorts. Louis-Philippe was king of France 1830-1848. His eldest son Ferdinand-Philippe had the title of Duc d'Orléans, as all French princes do who are first in line to the throne. He was much loved by the French and was greatly mourned when he died in an accident in 1842 at the age of 32.

great, thanks for the super quick response.

Demonik --Try the "Exonumia" board with these (and any other non-coins you want i.d. for). There are plenty of people who collect British tokens in particular, and I'm sure you'll get answers.

Archived