CoinPeople.com

1901Ф3 ROUBLE

russia_coins

I have two 1901FZ roubles in my collection. I kept them both because there is a portait difference. One is a usual type, but the other one's portrait looks like 1895-1898 portrait type. I didn't found any information on it in Bitkin catalog. Does anyone know something about it ? :ninja:

IMG_3420.0fe.th.JPG

IMG_3421.th.JPG

I have two 1901FZ roubles in my collection. I kept them both because there is a portait difference. One is a usual type, but the other one's portrait looks like 1895-1898 portrait type. I didn't found any information on it in Bitkin catalog. Does anyone know something about it ? :ninja:

IMG_3420.0fe.th.JPG

IMG_3421.th.JPG

Conros lists 2 portrait types.

Conros lists 2 portrait types.

... and for Nicholas II coins specialized (and better in quality) Kazakov's catalogue exists as well. It lists 2 types of portraits for 1 rouble 1901ФЗ: "type of 1900" (left coin on topicstarter's picture) and "type of 1901" (right coin).

... and for Nicholas II coins specialized (and better in quality) Kazakov's catalogue exists as well. It lists 2 types of portraits for 1 rouble 1901ФЗ: "type of 1900" (left coin on topicstarter's picture) and "type of 1901" (right coin).

The easiest way to tell these obverse die types apart is to look at the legend on the left side:

The very first letter "Б" is directly over a denticle in the first type, and between two denticles in the second type (I learned this from R.W. Julian some years ago :ninja: And in addition, all of the 1901 roubles with mintmaster AR have the 2nd type obverse).

Archived