CoinPeople.com

replica issues

OPTICA

Being that I have not been collecting as long as many, I see there are more than a few coins that are not on my horizon . The blank spot on the page continues to be the centre of attention and I am resigned to that fact .However, if I could find a replica for the canadian 1936 dot penny ,My whole existence would somehow be just a little better .? I have purchased a few edward VIII replicas so I see the value and quality variances out there . It's a jungle folks . Can anyone help me out ?

Being that I have not been collecting as long as many, I see there are more than a few coins that are not on my horizon . The blank spot on the page continues to be the centre of attention and I am resigned to that fact .However, if I could find a replica for the canadian 1936 dot penny ,My whole existence would somehow be just a little better .? I have purchased a few edward VIII replicas so I see the value and quality variances out there . It's a jungle folks . Can anyone help me out ?

I honestly don't think that you are going to get much help from anyone here on collecting replicas. All I can say is that you should keep your eyes open on eBay, because that is where most of the fakes and replicas are being sold today.

But really, there's nothing wrong with having a few holes in your albums where the key dates should go! I think that buying a replica just to fill the hole is kind of the "easy way out", and while having a replica in your collection might be kind of interesting at first, YOU will always know that the coin isn't genuine and will probably tire of it fairly quickly.

As to the OTHER (ahem, ahem) "reason" people buy replicas, well -- I won't presume that that has even entered your head at all ... :ninja:

• 1 month later...

I am not trying to be rude......however.....take a picture of a 1936 dot coin, place it in your album. There is no NEED to have a Counterfeit you would call areplica. Other generations May have to figure out if it is fake or not.....not required to fill a hole. PLEASE, just take a picture. IMO :ninja: if you need a picture.....I will provide one of the Chinese counterfeit 1936 dot Regards the Gopher

• 4 months later...

I don't understand why you would be collecting replica's to fill in the void's or spot's, I am a collector, I enjoy the hunt, and the research, I am sure I speak for many, when I ask, why are you collecting, by the way, to pretend you have it in your collection?

If I am un-able, to purchase an item, due to circumstances, then I lose that time around, but I would hate to be cheated out of money if someone sold me a replica, or an out right fake!

Sorry...I had to say it, I have enjoyed the years that I've been doing it, why would you be in such a hurry!

Archived