CoinPeople.com

1764 5 copper kopek used to strike SEE WHAT

one-kuna

:ninja: Russian copper 5 kopek of 1764 used in order to produce Sachen Meiningen 1 Thaler

5_kop_1764_sachsen_01.jpg

5_kop_1764_sachsen_02.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:ninja: Russian copper 5 kopek of 1764 used in order to produce Sachen Meiningen 1 Thaler

Sensational !! Never heard of such a thing. The Taler (= "X EINE FEINE MARK" below the male bust) had to be of silver and of less than 1/2 the weight.

Your coin looks old. What does it weigh? What is the edge like? Please share what you know about it. ;) thank you, Sigi

Sensational !! Never heard of such a thing. The Taler (= "X EINE FEINE MARK" below the male bust) had to be of silver and of less than 1/2 the weight.

Your coin looks old. What does it weigh? What is the edge like? Please share what you know about it. :ninja: thank you, Sigi

this is not mine, guess how much is the asking price at one of auction?

this is not mine, guess how much is the asking price at one of auction?

I sent the pictures to the Münzkabinett Dresden (Germany) along with a picture of my own 5kop1764 in the same position. I'll post their reply to come.

Their link is below. :ninja: Sigi

http://www.skd-dresden.de/de/museen/muenzkabinett.html

Your coin looks old. What does it weigh? What is the edge like? Please share what you know about it. ;) thank you, Sigi

;):ninja: 15000 euro.

Catalog: Th. zu 374, Dav. zu 2734, AKS zu 167a

Russland 5 Kopeken 1764 überprägt vom 1 Talerstempel Sachsen Meiningen. Probeabschlag für diesen Taler. Jahreszahl des 5 Kopekenstücks vor Gesicht deutlich erkennbar.

Rand glatt. 35,00g kl.Sf. dicker Schrötling.

Von größter Seltenheit. In dieser Form in der Literatur nicht bekannt. Vermutlich einziges bekanntes Exemplar.

Stutzmann zu 1369, Thun zu 374, Dav. zu 2734, AKS zu 167a

Sigi, pls help with German ;)

;):ninja: 15000 euro.

Catalog: Th. zu 374, Dav. zu 2734, AKS zu 167a

Russland 5 Kopeken 1764 überprägt vom 1 Talerstempel Sachsen Meiningen. Probeabschlag für diesen Taler. Jahreszahl des 5 Kopekenstücks vor Gesicht deutlich erkennbar.

Rand glatt. 35,00g kl.Sf. dicker Schrötling.

Von größter Seltenheit. In dieser Form in der Literatur nicht bekannt. Vermutlich einziges bekanntes Exemplar.

Stutzmann zu 1369, Thun zu 374, Dav. zu 2734, AKS zu 167a

Sigi, pls help with German ;)

Loose translation:

Russia 5 kopecks 1764 overstruck as 1 Taler Saxe-Meiningen. Off-metal strike for those Talers. The date of the 5 Kopeks on the obverse is clearly visible.

Edge smooth. 35.00 grams. Small planchet flaw on thick Planchet.

Of the greatest rarity. Unknown in the literature in this form. Probably the only known example.

agreed, however IF found genuine - it does exist :ninja:

agreed, however IF found genuine - it does exist ;)

Translation is correct, compliments to grivna 1726! As the weight is only 35 grams (instead of the piatak's ~51 grams) the piatak's eagle side must have been ground down, same applies to the formerly reticulated edge, which is now smooth.

EURO 15.000 - a real challenge for the deepest pockets. :ninja: Sigi

Maybe a die trial? Or a backdoor job created for a collector who wanted something unusual?

Cannot be a die trial, because the die used to strike it does not appear to be a new die at the time of striking. (die breaks at 7-8)

Cannot be a die trial, because the die used to strike it does not appear to be a new die at the time of striking. (die breaks at 7-8)

that intrigue story of 1848 French competition for dies design I remember I spent hours on interned and never fond details which were presented (composed?) by one of forum member :ninja:

That's an interesting point.

Perhaps Mr. Fenzl can shed some light on the matter?

...a backdoor job created for a collector who wanted something unusual?

if not genuine - grivna can be right with his guess at this time - what do you think BKB :ninja:

Archived