CoinPeople.com

Coin dealers in Dusseldorf, Germany

porcupine

I will be visiting some relatives near Dusseldorf in a couple weeks time the week before Easter. Can anybody recommend any coin dealers with Russian inventory in the area? I will also go to Belgium (Liege and/or Antwerp) for a couple of days, maybe somebody has recommendations for coin dealers there too? Can anybody think of any other places of numismatic interest that I should visit while I'm there?

I will be visiting some relatives near Dusseldorf in a couple weeks time the week before Easter. Can anybody recommend any coin dealers with Russian inventory in the area? I will also go to Belgium (Liege and/or Antwerp) for a couple of days, maybe somebody has recommendations for coin dealers there too? Can anybody think of any other places of numismatic interest that I should visit while I'm there?

Don't expect much. As to dealers, consult the yellow pages and call or visit. I'd recommend visiting a coin club. As to the Düsseldorf area, they meet at Düsseldorf the 3rd Sunday of each month, Neuss 4th Sunday of each month, Hilden 2nd Tuesday of each month, Essen last Wednesday of each month, Leverkusen 3rd Saturday of each month. I haven't been at any of them for 10 years, but you may be lucky finding a coin or two.

Same applies to Liege, check the yellow pages and try your luck, don't expect people there to speak anything other than French. Their coin club would meet every 3rd Sunday of the month. Generally speaking Russian coins are scarcer in Belgium. I can furnish adresses and hours of any of those coin clubs. Sigi

Don't expect much. As to dealers, consult the yellow pages and call or visit. I'd recommend visiting a coin club. As to the Düsseldorf area, they meet at Düsseldorf the 3rd Sunday of each month, Neuss 4th Sunday of each month, Hilden 2nd Tuesday of each month, Essen last Wednesday of each month, Leverkusen 3rd Saturday of each month. I haven't been at any of them for 10 years, but you may be lucky finding a coin or two.

Same applies to Liege, check the yellow pages and try your luck, don't expect people there to speak anything other than French. Their coin club would meet every 3rd Sunday of the month. Generally speaking Russian coins are scarcer in Belgium. I can furnish adresses and hours of any of those coin clubs. Sigi

Thank you for the info Sigi. Yellow pages are all in German, but I think I got the hang of it. I found one auction house and one coin dealer in Dusseldorf and one coin dealer in Krefeld, which is where I will be staying. I will not make it to Dusseldorf coin club as I get there on the Saturday before the 4th Sunday of March. Neuss is a possibility, however; if you happen to have their address or contact phone number that would be huge help as I couldn't find anything on them on the web.

Thank you for the info Sigi. Yellow pages are all in German, but I think I got the hang of it. I found one auction house and one coin dealer in Dusseldorf and one coin dealer in Krefeld, which is where I will be staying. I will not make it to Dusseldorf coin club as I get there on the Saturday before the 4th Sunday of March. Neuss is a possibility, however; if you happen to have their address or contact phone number that would be huge help as I couldn't find anything on them on the web.

Hi, The Neuss coin club meets Sunday, March 28, 10:00 - 12:00 a.m. at "Haus Rottels" (probably a restaurant) Oberstrasse 58, Neuss.

There is also a coin club in Krefeld. They meet Wednesday, April 7, 19:45 - 22:00 at the Liewerbaas Restaurant, Oststrasse 23, Krefeld

(note that street names preceed house numbers in Germany). :ninja: Happy hunting, Sigi

Hi, The Neuss coin club meets Sunday, March 28, 10:00 - 12:00 a.m. at "Haus Rottels" (probably a restaurant) Oberstrasse 58, Neuss.

There is also a coin club in Krefeld. They meet Wednesday, April 7, 19:45 - 22:00 at the Liewerbaas Restaurant, Oststrasse 23, Krefeld

(note that street names preceed house numbers in Germany). :ninja: Happy hunting, Sigi

Thank you very much Sigi!

Archived