CoinPeople.com

Numismatic Society

ClearwaterCoins

All,

There are 3 coin collecting groups in my area. I have attended meeting of all the groups and non of the groups do anything to wards educations. Their main focus is the auctions they have at every meeting.

After I left one of these meetings the other night I decided that I want to start a Numismatic Society that will focus much more on education. I am looking for this to cover both coins and paper money.

My Numismatic Society will have a Library that members can borrow materials from. I envision that we will have a monthly meeting where we will cover an education topic about coins or paper money. In the future I plan on trying to get sponsorship from local dealers. I would also like to be able to hold a nice size show and sale about twice a year.

I have most of the details tenatively worked out for the above Society. I just need help finding places that I can get educational coin info that I can use at the meetings.

Any suggestion would be great.

Clearwatercoins

It seems that it's very difficult to keep an educational program or newsletter moving in a local club environment. Those that I have seen that are successful are usually the passion of one or two individuals within the organization. I wish you luck with this. Be assured that if you have the drive and dedication to make it work you can be successful at it.

The ANA has a bunch of stuff in their library that can be used for presentations. There's a presentation available from the Atlanta Coin Club on starting a club. Sounds like a good roadmap and it comes from a very successful group. Keep this thread alive with your questions and status. There are a lot of folks here with good ideas and I'm sure they'd be willing to share them with you.

It seems that it's very difficult to keep an educational program or newsletter moving in a local club environment. Those that I have seen that are successful are usually the passion of one or two individuals within the organization. I wish you luck with this. Be assured that if you have the drive and dedication to make it work you can be successful at it.

The ANA has a bunch of stuff in their library that can be used for presentations. There's a presentation available from the Atlanta Coin Club on starting a club. Sounds like a good roadmap and it comes from a very successful group. Keep this thread alive with your questions and status. There are a lot of folks here with good ideas and I'm sure they'd be willing to share them with you.

Have you tried to contact the "FUN" organization? They could be very helpful to you.

Archived