CoinPeople.com

1913 50 Kopeks

Rhino

Just came across a 1913 50 Kopek coin, here are large pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/sub...ac/1913back.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/sub...ac/1913face.jpg

What grade would you give it, and what would you say the estimated value is? :ninja:

I know there could be two mintmasters, but I do not have access to pics of the edge. BUT, what would be the value for each of the 2 mintmasters?

Thanks! Trying to find a partner for my 1897 50 Kopek ;)

Couldn't resist, so I bought it...

Now I'm itching to compare what I bought it for to the real value of the coin ;)

It is a very pleasant coin. :ninja: Pictures are not so great though. As far as value goes, I have expressed my opinion on this matter not too long ago.

At any rate I can meet your question, with a challenge of my own.

Here's a coin I got recently on eBay. It the scarcer mint master (ЭБ). My coin has some bag marks, but the white stuff around wings and letters is luster:

50kop1913eb.th.jpg

How much would you guess I paid for it?

It is a very pleasant coin. :ninja: Pictures are not so great though. As far as value goes, I have expressed my opinion on this matter not too long ago.

Here's a coin I got recently on eBay. It the scarcer mint master (ЭБ). My coin has some bag marks, but the white stuff around wings and letters is luster:

50kop1913eb.th.jpg

I would guess $30-40?

By the way, I didn't see where you gave an opinion on a Kopek like mine ;) did someone already post a similar coin? I don't think I saw posts, so I thought I'd get an opinion on my coin.

50kop1913eb.th.jpg

Nice coin! Although it looks like it might have been cleaned at one time, I would not hesitate to give it a grade of AU ... these were going for $150 or so a couple of years ago; maybe more like $200 in a slab nowadays.

I'll guess $150 since it isn't slabbed (unless the seller was not aware that it was the rare variety, and you got lucky...).

What grade would you give it, and what would you say the estimated value is? :ninja:

It might be uncirculated with patina ... AU at least. Can't say what the value is without knowing the mintmark (see my reply to alexbq2). For BC, probably about $30-$40; for EB between $150-$200.

Nice coin! Although it looks like it might have been cleaned at one time, I would not hesitate to give it a grade of AU ... these were going for $150 or so a couple of years ago; maybe more like $200 in a slab nowadays.

I'll guess $150 since it isn't slabbed (unless the seller was not aware that it was the rare variety, and you got lucky...).

That would be my estimate, and that is what I paid for one a couple of years ago, but I got this one for just under $50, and that's with shipping! And I don't think it is a fluke. At least 3 decent grade ЭБs were sold on eBay in the last few weeks (can't say they usually show up in droves like that), all in the $50 ball park! BC sell for even less.

That would be my estimate, and that is what I paid for one a couple of years ago, but I got this one for just under $50, and that's with shipping! And I don't think it is a fluke. At least 3 decent grade ЭБs were sold on eBay in the last few weeks (can't say they usually show up in droves like that), all in the $50 ball park! BC sell for even less.

Congratulations on finding such a bargain! I wonder if the seller knew what he was selling.

Great coin, and great deal :ninja: I didn't realize EB draws so much more than BC. I got the one I posted for $15 (I had the seller check the edge for me, it's a BC), so I'm glad I got it for less than the value. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking for some EB's next ;)

Great coin, and great deal :ninja: I didn't realize EB draws so much more than BC. I got the one I posted for $15 (I had the seller check the edge for me, it's a BC), so I'm glad I got it for less than the value. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking for some EB's next ;)

$15 dollars is an excellent deal! I was afraid that you had paid over $50.

$15 dollars is an excellent deal! I was afraid that you had paid over $50.

Nah, I went into the auction planning on not spending more than $25 to be safe, since I'm still learning about the details and mintmarks for the poltinniki. Thanks for your help guys, now I know what mintmark to look for and what it's worth roughly :ninja:

Nah, I went into the auction planning on not spending more than $25 to be safe, since I'm still learning about the details and mintmarks for the poltinniki. Thanks for your help guys, now I know what mintmark to look for and what it's worth roughly :ninja:

right now:

50 kop 1913 EB - the edge is not shown

50 kop 1913 EB - overpriced

Just came across a 1913 50 Kopek coin...

and what would you say the estimated value is?

the most common 50 kopeks 1912/1913 under this discussion,

besides the variations of letters on its edge;

if try to collect the others years - you will see the dramatic difference in prices :ninja:

Good bargain! :ninja: I bought a 1913-EB 50k. from Alexander Basok about 3 years ago, but condition only VF, for $50 (plus shipping).

I'm not sure it exists

that's right, it is not listed in any major catalogue, I think I heard about it somewhere, possible just a rumor, and it does not exist. Just want to know if someone has ever seen something like that.

Thank you. So, I conclude that it really does not exist.

if you can recall where you heard it let us know :ninja:

It will be interesting to see how high this one goes:

50 kopeek 1900 on eBay

It is already up to £100 right now. The top two bidders have 0 and 5 feedback points respectively ... perhaps some shill bidding going on here? :ninja:

The coin is OK, but only XF and has possibly been cleaned (IMHO) ... could just be that the toning makes it look that way, however.

It will be interesting to see how high this one goes:

50 kopeek 1900 on eBay

It is already up to £100 right now. The top two bidders have 0 and 5 feedback points respectively ... perhaps some shill bidding going on here? :ninja:

The coin is OK, but only XF and has possibly been cleaned (IMHO) ... could just be that the toning makes it look that way, however.

I have noticed this too. The bid history did look ... unusual. Otherwise, I would bid but not as much as the winning bid of >$230. I think a good (uncleaned) XF for this year may be worth around $100-150 but probably not $200-250. That should probably be an undisputed AU. Really good poltinas of the early Nikolay II period are not very easy to find for less. What do you think?

I have noticed this too. The bid history did look ... unusual. Otherwise, I would bid but not as much as the winning bid of >$230. I think a good (uncleaned) XF for this year may be worth around $100-150 but probably not $200-250. That should probably be an undisputed AU. Really good poltinas of the early Nikolay II period are not very easy to find for less. What do you think?

After seeing some other recent auctions where 50k. 1900 was offered in UNC (Elmen, NGSA) and brought over $1000 and $2800 respectively, I really don't know what to think. :ninja:

Archived