CoinPeople.com

1 reichspfennig 1940 M31

klark

Hello!

What opinion do you have about this note?

Are you asking what it is worth?

Your pictures are blurry, but it looks like it could be VF or XF, which Pick lists as $25-$100. But, I'm not sure if you'll get that price, depends on the market of buyers who want it. I haven't seen one sell recently, so I'm not sure what the true value is.

No! I wanted to know your opinion ... I do not want to sell banknote! ;)

This bill is the best bill to my collection.

Do you know more about this bill? Other than the Krause catalog. :ninja:

No! I wanted to know your opinion ... I do not want to sell banknote! ;)

This bill is the best bill to my collection.

Do you know more about this bill? Other than the Krause catalog. :ninja:

What exactly do you want to know about it?

Those reichspfennig notes were issued as military payment certificates for the Nazi forces, particularly the Wermacht in your case. It was encouraged for soldiers to use these notes within the military - if you used it in military channels, it would be worth 10 times the face value.

Do you collect Nazi currency? Or just starting out?

It wanted to know ... One can use and civilians?

So if circulated in the German army, because the German army was stationed in Romania during WW II, one can say that this bill was circulated in Romania, right?

Thank you very much for information!

I collect banknotes and coins from around the world! I have a very large collection, but I have some beautiful notes.

It wanted to know ... One can use and civilians?

So if circulated in the German army, because the German army was stationed in Romania during WW II, one can say that this bill was circulated in Romania, right?

Thank you very much for information!

I collect banknotes and coins from around the world! I have a very large collection, but I have some beautiful notes.

I believe that the notes could have been used locally in the occupied country. But, the military made it much more favorable to keep the currency within the military by making it 10 times face value.

• 2 years later...

This note was first issued in 1940, in those parts of France that were occupied by German forces. Later they were also used in Romania and Bulgaria. The use of the note outside the "Wehrmacht" was not allowed and practically did not happen, because -as someone wrote here already- within the canteens of the soldiers the value was 10 Reichspfennig instead of 1 Reichspfennig.

In 1942 a whole series of such "Behelfszahlungsmittel" was issued, with a completely different design.

At the end of 1944 this series was withdrawn and replaced by "Verreichnungsscheine".

Erwin