CoinPeople.com

7 u.s.a. Silver Dollars - Have I Got Anything Special Here

andora

The first two are made of c/nickel clad copper. Unless they're uncirculated (mint condition), they're worth $1.

The rest are all common date silver dollars, retail value would be about $15 each give or take.

It's true that these dollar coins aren't worth much (relatively), but I really love the design of the Peace Dollar, and the way they age. It seems a happy coincidence that such a common silver coin seems so consistently to acquire such a lovely patina. I buy them (under melt, if possible) just because I like to look at them.

Interestingly, you have both types of 1976 Ike Dollars, the one with the narrow lettering and the one with the wide lettering. If I recall correctly, one was actually minted in 1975 while the other was minted in 1976, though I could be mistaken on that. The fact that they are the 2 types may give some insight into why they were saved.

Interestingly, you have both types of 1976 Ike Dollars, the one with the narrow lettering and the one with the wide lettering. If I recall correctly, one was actually minted in 1975 while the other was minted in 1976, though I could be mistaken on that. The fact that they are the 2 types may give some insight into why they were saved.

actually yeah, that was a pretty cool part about it, learning that detail.

a member on a different forum pointed me to this site: http://ikegroup.org/76t1t2.htm

it`s neat to understand that now :ninja:

Archived