CoinPeople.com

Restrike, or not? 180. EM 5 kopek

Blackdrone

No need to provide any other photos. Let us see: given the fact that the original in this condition would run you in the thousands of dollars, and the fact that the design is unlike any other 5 kop of the period, let alone, not even close to the coin it purports to be -- you can guess yourself that you would be buying a souvenir for $100. I suggest that before you start trying to find an R3 - R4 coin for 100$, spend that $100 on a catalog. Most questions will be answered there. Not that it is impossible to find an R3-R4 coin for a $100, but by the time you get lucky you will have spend thousands on worthless crap like this.

In addition of a photo of the original.

Аукцион "Künker" №150 октябрь 2008 г. лот №27779 (53,03 гр) 14.000 €

Аукцион "Künker" №150 март 2009 г. лот №2777 (57,03 гр) 14.000 €

5k180_5.jpg

5k180_6.jpg

No need to provide any other photos. Let us see: given the fact that the original in this condition would run you in the thousands of dollars, and the fact that the design is unlike any other 5 kop of the period, let alone, not even close to the coin it purports to be -- you can guess yourself that you would be buying a souvenir for $100. I suggest that before you start trying to find an R3 - R4 coin for 100$, spend that $100 on a catalog. Most questions will be answered there. Not that it is impossible to find an R3-R4 coin for a $100, but by the time you get lucky you will have spend thousands on worthless crap like this.

This is by far the best advice anyone could ever give you. Before investing in coins it may be a good idea to invest in books. But don't feel bad. I think that most people who get involved in collecting anything, be it coins or stamps or model boats get burned at the beginning. One does not plan to become a collector, one gets hooked or addicted first. Then, as you learn more, you start developing an eye and become more and more discriminating.

Archived