CoinPeople.com

My 1733 Anna poltina price (help please)

Blackdrone

The problem is, the hair looks too spaghetti like and the nose, lips etc just don't look right. Unless the other experts claim that it's not a counterfeit, I'm very skeptical.

Just compare to some examples that you can find on the internet:

http://www.antique.ru/numbigimages/polt1733.jpg

http://www.icollector.com/Russian-Coins-an...v-1115_i8745561

Try googling under 1733 poltina and you should be able to find some examples online.

Let's say if it's genuine, you may have a great buy there. The thing is, I'm still not convinced and in my opinion, spending 850 dollars is quite a lot of money unless you happen to have that much money laying around. Wouldn't you have at least check for some kind of refund if it's not what it is? :ninja:

It may look similar to the one in coinarchive but the legend seems to be at different location around the "bce pociskaya". It maybe possible that the hair is reengraved - it just looks odd no matter how I look at it.

if this could be yours this coin, you take back? or what would you do? If i take back, he take me back my money i think. But i can't prove its fake or not.

Look, die variations exist, but I personally wouldn't be happy that it didn't look like anything I knew.

Send a PM to BKB or igorS. I'd trust both their opinions on Anna Silver. If they also don't like it, send it back.

Good luck.

Steve

Look, die variations exist, but I personally wouldn't be happy that it didn't look like anything I knew.

Send a PM to BKB or Igors. I'd trust both their opinions on Anna Silver. If they also don't like it, send it back.

Good luck.

Steve

Thank you Steve! Good manner! You can tell me how can i contact BKB or Ignors. Im new in numismatic, i dont know BKB and Ignor.

Thanks.

Thank you Steve! Good manner! You can tell me how can i contact BKB or Ignors. Im new in numismatic, i dont know BKB and Ignor.

Thanks.

"PM" means Personal Message.

Go here... http://www.coinpeople.com/member-list.html and look for "BKB" and "igorS".

Next to their picture you can click the arrow to get a menu which includes "Send Message"

Steve

"PM" means Personal Message.

Go here... http://www.coinpeople.com/member-list.html and look for "BKB" and "igorS".

Next to their picture you can click the arrow to get a menu which includes "Send Message"

Steve

Thank you. I Will upload other coins, i have so much. I will be happy to see your comments.

I do not have any immidiate issues. The porousity on the face and neck actually looks good (authentic) to me. Coin looks pretty close to Diakov 2. The condition is very nice.

I received additional pictures from the topicstarter and will report later after I have a chance to study them some more.

I do not have any immidiate issues. The porousity on the face and neck actually looks good (authentic) to me. Coin looks pretty close to Diakov 2. The condition is very nice.

I received additional pictures from the topicstarter and will report later after I have a chance to study them some more.

Well, judging this coin by pictures alone - I still think the coin is OK. I showed the pictures to a very well known dealer/numismatist and he agrees that this coin is most likely just fine. He also added that the coindition of the coin is way above avarage. :ninja:

Well, judging this coin by pictures alone - I still think the coin is OK. I showed the pictures to a very well known dealer/numismatist and he agrees that this coin is most likely just fine. He also added that the coindition of the coin is way above avarage. :ninja:

Good to know. Perhaps in the future we should not jump to such categorical conclusions, and cause collectors massive exiety attacks ;)

Really thank you!!! Im very happy! ;))) So the 850$ was ok?

Archived