CoinPeople.com

Some nice buy from the beginning of the year

gxseries

My interest in Russian coins have gradually waned due to absurd prices but recently I picked up a few coins as they were very affordable.

Starting up is the 1757 2 kopek. Sure it looks like a common 2 kopek but this has the inscribed edge which I have been looking for a while. So far that I have seen, this type of coin is quite expensive especially if it has a nice and clear edging.

978631.jpg

978632.jpg

Next is a low grade 1768 (?) MMD polupoltinnik. Sure it is worn but do let me know if there are plenty of such low grade coins available for sale. I'm still looking for a low grade Paul I 10 kopek for a reasonable price to complete my collection.

978633.jpg

Finally a 1810 2 kopek with reeded edge. Looks like double struck but I can't find much traces left other than the crown feature on the right side of the double headed eagle. (3 o'clock) Was under 10 dollars or something so it's a bargain.

978634.jpg

Any recent bargains anyone?

Good to see you again, Hisa! You were very helpful a while ago checking my CM 5 kopeks. You found that all were overstrikes on the 10kop1762.

Meanwhile I have got another suspect. Would you like to take a look at it as well? :ninja: Thank you, Sigi

-

• 2 weeks later...
:

I'm still looking for a low grade Paul I 10 kopek for a reasonable price to complete my collection.

:

Just listed one on eBay. Sadly it's holed, but it may therefore go quite cheaply.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120537426766

:ninja:

Steve

Archived