CoinPeople.com

My First Gothic

Art Salmons

Excellent coins. Those florins are just super. As I recall it was a Florin from 185x that won PCI hands down a few years ago.

I picked up a 1849 Gothic head Florin and while not a prefect example it still makes me smile. ;)

I have been outbid on this coin so many times that I sort of gave up on it.

Until I saw yours... :ninja:

I have been outbid on this coin so many times that I sort of gave up on it.

Until I saw yours... :ninja:

Yesterday there was a 1852 Gothic Florin for sale by the same seller that was nearly a twin to this 1949 in terms of wear and I bid at the end of the auction and was over bid. These seem to be very popular coins and pieces in decent shape fetch high prices. ;)

Excellent coins. Those florins are just super. As I recall it was a Florin from 185x that won PCI hands down a few years ago.

It was an 1864, it was a real beautiful coin too. (I am now officially allowed to say that since I no longer own it), it was one of the most attractive coins I ever owned (as you guys know I go for history more than looks).

It was an 1864, it was a real beautiful coin too. (I am now officially allowed to say that since I no longer own it), it was one of the most attractive coins I ever owned (as you guys know I go for history more than looks).

I really wanted that coin but was I outbid right at the end. I usually pre determine what my top bid will be and then fire it off with 2 seconds left. That way I either win or lose but I never rebid over my intended high bid.

Archived