CoinPeople.com

1936 20 Lire Italy

1geo

I have a 1936 20 Lire Italy silver coin that I bought 27 years ago. I just had it authenticated, graded and slabbed. Its was graded XF-VF20. Does anyone have any idea what this coin is currently bringing on the coin market? Thanks for any help, 1geo.

Not sure if I understand the grade you gave. Is the coin net graded for some reason? If so, that would affect the value. Regardless, with only 10,000 minted, its a rare issue and should bring over $1,000 if you sold it, maybe more.

I called ANACS who graded the coin today and they explained the grade as XF as to details but a net grade of VF20 because the coin has been cleaned. I have had the coin for 27 years and I did not clean it but it was sent to a NY auction house and they may have cleaned it. In any case, ANACS authenticated, graded and slabbed the coin and when I get it back (probably next Tuesday) I am going to put it up on eBay. 1geo

Too bad about the cleaning, I probably would have been a bidder on your auction if the coin was not cleaned.

In any case, you should still do fairly well with this coin since they don't come up too often and yours has been certified. (This is a heavily counterfeited issue so you did good sending it to ANACS).

Good luck with the auctioin.

Archived