CoinPeople.com

What do you think?

Chrissybe

Hi All

My son-in-law (he inherited them) has given me a few coins to sell for him, five are Russian, just need some help with what they are exactly and possibley a starting price, also if any are worth selling at all, I know it's not the best photo, but can anyone help please?

Cheers

The 1st one is 1798 1 Kopek (I believe)

2nd 1814 2 Kopek (I think)

Hi All

My son-in-law (he inherited them) has given me a few coins to sell for him, five are Russian, just need some help with what they are exactly and possibley a starting price, also if any are worth selling at all, I know it's not the best photo, but can anyone help please?

Cheers

The 1st one is 1798 1 Kopek (I believe)

2nd 1814 2 Kopek (I think)

3rd 1865 5 kopek (I really need to get a better photo I know)

Thanks, any idea what I should start them at?

I'm not a believer in the importance of the starting price. If a situation arises where you just want to recover some funds, then by all means a high starting price or 'Buy It Now' option is your friend. However, high start can discourage some bidders, and best sale results come when a couple (or more) bidders "lock horns" and push the final price up. Also, I believe eBay charges higher insertion fees if you set a high start.

I'd sell this in 2 lots, as mentioned earlier. Start both at $10, and see what happens. But perhaps there are better ways to go.

I'm not a believer in the importance of the starting price. If a situation arises where you just want to recover some funds, then by all means a high starting price or 'Buy It Now' option is your friend. However, high start can discourage some bidders, and best sale results come when a couple (or more) bidders "lock horns" and push the final price up. Also, I believe eBay charges higher insertion fees if you set a high start.

I'd sell this in 2 lots, as mentioned earlier. Start both at $10, and see what happens. But perhaps there are better ways to go.

Thanks

1895 rouble is a rare coin. It is not in a great condition, but for collectors of Nochilas II roubles by date it is a great opportunity to plug a hole (in the collection). It might fetch decent amount. Possibly a few hundred.... or a little more.

Thanks

I really need to get better photo's of it as I don't think these do it justice, the eagle side is very clear with very little wear, although I know nothing of how these are graded :ninja:

Thanks

I really need to get better photo's of it as I don't think these do it justice, the eagle side is very clear with very little wear, although I know nothing of how these are graded :ninja:

Here is the my e-bay listing number for the rouble, I think the photo's are better

1895 Rouble Nicholas II - 260546825403

Why £5 for 1st class recorded postage?

Looks to have been mounted at some time too which is a pity - this should be mentioned in the auction.

It should be next day, I'll need to fix that - as I don't know much about the coin I would not want to say it was mounted but I am sure folk can see that anyway and will or wont bid due to the marks, although I think they would come off if rubbed but I'm not doing it :ninja:

I recommend selling all the coppers in a single lot, it'll be easier to manage and you will pay less fees.

Took your advise and put the 4 coppers in one lot, as it's to raise funds for the baby I started them off @ £30, do you think that's too much?

e-bay item number: 260546916821

Took your advise and put the 4 coppers in one lot, as it's to raise funds for the baby I started them off @ £30, do you think that's too much?

e-bay item number: 260546916821

For that one the relatively high start price might turn off some bidders, I would have started it a little cheaper... especially since the starting bid for, say, an American bidder, will total up to at least $60 without even bidding against anyone else.

For that one the relatively high start price might turn off some bidders, I would have started it a little cheaper... especially since the starting bid for, say, an American bidder, will total up to at least $60 without even bidding against anyone else.

Cheers, I'll put it down to £20 see what happens

... I don't know how much it will be ....

why don't you try e-bay tutorial :ninja:

Archived