CoinPeople.com

U.S. $10 note "missing treasury seal"

theauditor321

Not sure about a $10, but about a month or 2 ago I saw a new $20 with a missing seal sell on eBay for about $160. It's a cool error note, good luck! If you don't want to hold on to it, or need some cash fast, I'd say eBay is a good place to go, this note will definitely get a lot of attention there.

I thought the seal was printed at the same time as the serial number, so how could you have one without the other?

I thought so to... :ninja: At the risk of being wrong or ticking people off, I'll ask "photoshop?"

I thought so to... :ninja: At the risk of being wrong or ticking people off, I'll ask "photoshop?"

No this is very much a real note and the photo was not altered. As far as how this error came about, that would be very interesting to know.

Another example of this error is found here:

http://usrarecurrency.com/1999$100FRN...2005477263A.htm

I'm not going to sell this note either. I would imagine its value will increase significantly as the note's age increases.

Here is another photo

0131100431.jpg

No this is very much a real note and the photo was not altered. As far as how this error came about, that would be very interesting to know.

I'm not going to sell this note either. I would imagine its value will increase significantly as the note's age increases.

Here is another photo

It is extremely rare to find these errors. Did you find it in circulation? They should command significant premiums, I have seen such errors featured regularly in Lyn Knight's auctions. Check their recent (going back a couple of years) auctions to get an idea.

Congratulations.

It is extremely rare to find these errors. Did you find it in circulation? They should command significant premiums, I have seen such errors featured regularly in Lyn Knight's auctions. Check their recent (going back a couple of years) auctions to get an idea.

Congratulations.

Yes, this was found in circulation. I work at a bank:)

Here is another photo

Ok. thanks. It didn't look like a fake, but the image was fuzzy in that area.

I thought so too... :ninja:

I thought so too too...

I bet it's worth between $150 - $200. And it might be worth sending to NGC to be certified.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived