CoinPeople.com

Dragon?

Pero68

Not sure, but I do like it.

A few more dragon coins. OK, technically these are basilisks, and technically some are medals...

taler-2.jpg

baseldt-2.jpg

basel-01-1.jpg

I love the third one. What's more dangerous than a dragon?

A dragon with a loaded rifle!

A dragon with a loaded rifle!

:ninja:

That reminds me of a movie that came out a few years ago, The Golden Compass, based on "His Dark Materials". The movie features what may be the coolest movie animal:

An armored polar bear

1214_polarbearfight.jpg

Not sure, but I do like it.

A few more dragon coins. OK, technically these are basilisks, and technically some are medals...

Very nice hiho. I would like a pet dragon so I could fly where I want and still be eco-friendly, plus if anybody annoyed me.......toast!

Beautiful coin. I don't have catalogs for that area and it doesn't show up in the catalogs I do have. I'm interesting in what you learn.

Great stuff, Hiho. I really like that Basel schützenmedaille. Hans Frei designed some very interesting pieces. Seems they'll give any creature a rifle in Switzerland! Bears, Cockatrice(s?), what's next?

Along with Holy Freres and Huguenin I believe Hans Frei designed some of the most beautiful Swiss medals ever minted.

Being the ugly American that I am though, every time I see the name I think "Hands Free" as if it's an advertisment for a cell phone... :ninja:

This coin is a mystery to me as well, but I love the pattern. The abstract dragon pattern is very unique. I hope you find the information your looking for, and you'll share your results if you do. Thanks.

~Daniel

It might be a fantasy coin?

The fact that no one here can identify it implies it's either a fantasy coin or EXTREMELY rare.

I hope it's rare.

Found it. A denier of Bohemia. Struck in Prague, Bretislaw I, 1037-1055, The figure is a bird. Not rare, but a $300 - $500 coin. (thanks to the latest Jean Elsen sales list for the id)

Its a neat coin and I really like the image. As soon as I saw the Elsen coin I knew it was a bird, much clearer die. Even though its not really a dragon, I still like this coin a lot.

This coin/medal? is something i like the look of what would i search for to try to find one for sale? and what would i expect to pay? Any help would be appreciated.

This is a 1911 Swiss silver Schutzenfest medal from Basel, Richter catalog # 133B. I found it on eBay in 2008 and paid about $100 from a Swiss dealer.

His eBay name is sportdisco2 and I can recommend him.

Another place to look would be here...

http://www.shootingmedals.com/Inventory.php

Rod had one for sale but it appears as though he sold it. You won't find a more honest dealer here in the US, drop him a line and perhaps he can locate one for you. Good luck!

Found it. A denier of Bohemia. Struck in Prague, Bretislaw I, 1037-1055, The figure is a bird. Not rare, but a $300 - $500 coin. (thanks to the latest Jean Elsen sales list for the id)

Nicely done Bill, you are one heck of a coin researcher! :ninja:

This is a 1911 Swiss silver Schutzenfest medal from Basel, Richter catalog # 133B. I found it on eBay in 2008 and paid about $100 from a Swiss dealer.

His eBay name is sportdisco2 and I can recommend him.

Another place to look would be here...

http://www.shootingmedals.com/Inventory.php

Rod had one for sale but it appears as though he sold it. You won't find a more honest dealer here in the US, drop him a line and perhaps he can locate one for you. Good luck!

Thanks i will start looking in to it.

Yesss! :ninja:

Thank you very much for help :-)

Archived