CoinPeople.com

5 kopeks 1785 KM

john 2

I found the coin. Does it have any value ? Im not interested in selling it. I guess the big question is,how much could it be worth?

Thanks-John

While not particularly scarce, the 1785 KM 5 Kopeck is less common and is worth more than the 1785 EM. I would say prices start at around $20. A coin like the OmniCoin example I would say $60-$80.

Steve

While not particularly scarce, the 1785 KM 5 Kopeck is less common and is worth more than the 1785 EM. I would say prices start at around $20. A coin like the OmniCoin example I would say $60-$80.

Steve

Just another observation: Sigi's coin (omnicoin example) is very high grade, and if slabbed, would fetch a couple hundred $$, even in todays cooled off auction market... imho.

Just another observation: Sigi's coin (omnicoin example) is very high grade, and if slabbed, would fetch a couple hundred $$, even in todays cooled off auction market... imho.

Yes, I think you're right Josh. Some of the very high grades did auction in the $150-$400 range recently.

Is Ebay a good way to sell this coin?

Thanks-John

eBay is probably the best way to sell a coin of this grade if you already have an account, but you will have to pay listing and final value fees.

Somebody could also make you an offer by personal message, I guess.

Best,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Info: It's called a 'Pyatak" cos' the Russian for 5 is 'Pyat' (Adyen, dva, tree, chetirye, pyat, shest, syem...)

It's made of copper. Umm....

Good to know !

Archived