CoinPeople.com

Tonights acquisition

Mr B

Guys , thanks for the replys , when the item arrives ill post the auction.Let me just say , i cant afford one either..or so i thought..patience is a virtue and all things come to those who wait.

Art , i was going to ask , how do i do the competition thing ?

As an aside , this isnt coming from the UK , i got it from an American collector.Thanks again for the comments guys :ninja:

Guys , thanks for the replys , when the item arrives ill post the auction.Let me just say , i cant afford one either..or so i thought..patience is a virtue and all things come to those who wait.

Art , i was going to ask , how do i do the competition thing ?

As an aside , this isnt coming from the UK , i got it from an American collector.Thanks again for the comments guys :ninja:

Just go to the PCI2010 subforum. You'll find submission threads for different groups. There are 10 groups. Your florin would easily fit in Group 5: 1801-1900 or you could post it in Group 10: Your Special coins. Need obverse and reverse photos in omnicoin, etc. Each submission thread has a first post that shows the format for submission. Good luck with it.

What always surprises me is how people sometimes talk about decimalisation like it was a new idea , a florin being 2 shillings = 10p = 1/10th of a pound , its been there all along.

Thank you all for comments , its easily the finest British coin i own now.It hasnt far to travel so ill update with a good picture when i can.

One other thing i find interesting is the similarity of the obverse with the 500L of Italy during the late 50's and early 60's , its eerily similar.

IMG_3919.jpg

Archived