CoinPeople.com

Boxes for sale

Mark Stilson

Now I can get the selling and buying of original government boxes with coa and etc. Frank Provasek of Rare Coins over in another forum brought this up. But a 2008 $50 gold buffalo box only going for $650.00? Another one had sold for $498.99 and another for $575.00. I also see in completed sales 3 that went for $69 to $79. One $25 box only reserve not met for $81. A few 4 coin boxes $7.50 - $20. I'm surethe first 3 were one of those "did not read the whole page deals".

Exactly why when I do a search for ending soonest I skip by the first few minutes so I can get a chance to read and look at the whole auction.

I would also think that the folks bidding on the boxes at that price level were going after the coins and didn't realize what they had bid on. It's a shame that this happens but you can not insulate people from their own shortcomings.

Copied & pasted from the ebay auction;

2008 W $50 Gold Buffalo/2008 W $50 UNC Gold Buffalo/BOX

SUPER RARE 08 UNC 1OZ EMPTY BOX / ONLY 3,124 MADE BOXES

BOX ONLY NO COIN 2008 W $50 UNC EMPTY BOX

WELCOME TO THIS VERY RARE ITEM.....THIS IS A EMPTY BOX NO COIN!!! NO COIN, THIS IS A EMPTY BOX!!! 2008W $50 UNC BOX

AGAIN THIS IS A EMPTY BOX WITH NO COIN.

I wonder, what part of the above was so confusing?

The last minute, rushed bid, does not appear to be the case here as the bids were placed quite sometime before the auction ended

Perhaps the bidders are not conversant with english, maybe they are from Mars, mind the shipping costs would outweigh the bargain of the cheap BOX!

I don't know, kind of threw me when I saw it. Especially when I saw the others sold.

The main one what has a little bit of misleading info is the one with "2008 W $50 Gold Buffalo/2008 W $50 UNC Gold Buffalo/BOX" But that has "SUPER RARE 08 UNC 1OZ EMPTY BOX / ONLY 3,124 MADE BOXES" right under it. And the description has it's only the box several times.

I don't know, kind of threw me when I saw it. Especially when I saw the others sold.

Thanks for posting this salutary topic Mark, well spotted on your part. Quite an expensive lesson for someone(I do hope the seller takes pity on him or her), it reminds us all to be very careful and check the descriptions fully before bidding, especially when such high amounts are involved.

Exact same words are used by another ebay ID, same city, probably same person for buy now ones. But then I have a one guy I have bought from does the same thing. Almost exclusively auctions under one name and buy nows under another. I did see another person selling a box ogp and coa buy now for $99. You know for the $630 amount they could have bought a $5 ngc ms70 (One sold for $502) and a box ogp set for $99 . The search engine is your friend.

Archived