CoinPeople.com

Popular Coin Idol 2010

Art

Unfortunately there's not enough gold entered to break it into separate catagories. Also having to have say 10 groups each gold and non-gold would make a very unwieldy contest. Then there's the split of silver vs. copper... etc. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what might be doable for next year's contest.

Hey gang nothing closes today but a few close their current rounds tomorrow. So don't forget to get out the vote.

i agree, gold spoils some categorys

I disagree with you guys. I've voted against several of the gold coins based on history, rarity, and - yes - looks. I've never been one to have gold fever. I certainly hope others can look past the yellow luster, too.

So things are moving right along over at PCI2010. Group 10 Round 3 is up for voting. WOW! Several of the coins in this competition only won by 1 vote each in the last round. Tight!

Over at PCI2010 Group 6 has just gone up for the FINAL Vote. WOW! this is going to be a difficult choice. Don't miss your chance to have your say.

Great contest! Great entries! Lots of fun. If you haven't voted yet. Come on and do it. Might be a good time to start picking your entries for PCI2011.

I disagree with you guys. I've voted against several of the gold coins based on history, rarity, and - yes - looks. I've never been one to have gold fever. I certainly hope others can look past the yellow luster, too.

I admit to being a big fan of gold coins but like you, I can and have voted against them.

My problem is my inability to really appreciate copper coins, I nearly always vote against them on all occasions, which isn't really fair I suppose. I'd fully back any moves to split copper from the rest just so that some of them can get a vote from me!

Group 7 2001-Present is up for FINAL voting. It's an interesting and fun catagory so don't miss the chance to have your say.

Moving right along over at PCI2010 the Group 10 - Your Specials Finals are open for voting. A most difficult decision will have to be made in that catagory. Don't forget to vote.

Group 5 Finals are up for voting. WOW! This is the last of the Group FINALS. When this is over, we get to pick the OVERALL PCI2010 WINNER!! That is truly exciting. Vote and have fun.

Holy Cow! Did you see that Standing Liberty Quarter that won Group 6? What about that beautiful 50 Lira that it beat out by a nose. Great competition over there. Take a look.

So Saor Alba's Scottish Coronation Medal won Group 10. That's was a close race right up until the end. Group 5 is still open so get those votes in before it closes.

The winners have been chosen for each of the ten groups and now it's time to find the overall PCI2010 Winner. There are two groups up for voting right now. In the first you get to chose your favorite from Groups 1 to 5 and in the second Groups 6 to 10. It's going to be tough so study hard and make careful decisions. The two winners of the SemiFinals will move on the the PCI2010 Finals at the end of the month.

Have fun.

Just curious, Art: why did you have 5 entries in each semi final?

I thought about putting all ten in one poll but felt that the pictures would become unmanageable. I consolidated the entries because of the variety of material to be presented. I could not come up with a "fair" way to set up pairs for one-on-one matching. I also felt that the number of comments and such indicates that PCI is getting to that drawn-on too long stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived