CoinPeople.com

Popular Coin Idol 2010

Art

The submission threads for PCI2010 are open. The first leg of the competition will be Groups 1 and 8. So come on and get those beauties entered.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget to check out PCI2010. We have voting that ends on 1/26/2010 -- that's tomorrow and submissions for certain groups that ends on Wednesday 1/27/2010. There are so many beautiful coins. Don't miss the fun.

OK Another PCI2010 commercial. Groups 3 and 6 submissions end tomorrow. You can still enter.

Group 1 - Ancients Final voting is posted. It's your last shot at picking your favorite in this catagory.

Group 2 - Medievel second round of voting just opened --- some beauties in this group that need your votes.

Group 8 - NCLT is on its third round so there won't be much voting left for these terrific pieces of art. Just do it.

Group 9 - Exonumia - come on you can surely find something you love in this catagory. Vote and comment and praise and ....

The rate this thing is going I should just cut my losses now!

:ninja: There certainly is a lot of attractive material in this competition. I'm quite surprised sometimes at the way the vote goes. I guess it's not possible to predict what people will vote for.

yea... and i found a nice 20th century piece today too :ninja: i already entered my stuff.

As long as the catagory isn't already closed, you can edit your post and change the submission.

Groups 3 and 6 are opened for the first round of voting. Come on over and take a look at these terrific coins. Cast your votes and leave your comments, praise, concerns. Have fun.

Also note that voting for early rounds of a few other Groups ends tomorrow or Wednesday. Don't miss your chance to vote and have your say.

The next round of Group 9 is open for voting. Lots of ties in that group on the last round. So come and take a look and vote. The medals are beautiful.

There's a lot of voting going on over in PCI2010. It appears that lots of folks are having a hard time deciding on some the contests. I can understand that. The coins and medals are beautiful. I'd love to comment on some of the entries and competitions but that wouldn't be fair. So I restrain myself. We have had no less than three dead ties so far and we've got a long way to go. I guess we need to start thinking in terms of co-winners.

Have fun and remember that the last two catagories; Group 7 - 2001 to Present and Group 10 Your Specials are still open for entries. They will close on 10Feb2010. So there's plenty of time to join the fun and submit an entry or two.

Just a reminder to get out the vote. Lots of great coins are waiting for your review. Don't disappoint them.

The Group 10 entries are much lighter than I had expected. It's a place to put anything you'd like to share with other folks. You can each put in three items. They don't have to be pretty. They don't have to be mint. They don't have to be coins. Wooden nickels, transportation tokens, badges, awards, slugs, you name it.

Hello gang! Lots of voting going on over at PCI2010. That's terrific. Group 3 Round 2 went up this morning. Lots and lots of great coins there to vote for.

Group 6 Round 2 will be available for voting starting tomorrow. Another tie in that grouping. Interesting coins and some surprises. Give a look.

Group 10 and Group 7 submissions are still open. Remember Group 10 is anything you like. Post your errors. Coins you've found. Things passed down to you from past relatives. Go for it. Group 7 - a fun but much overlooked catagory "2001 to Present" --- come on. What about a nice 2010 Britannia or an ASE. Maybe a circulation 2009 Roosevelt D dime. Dig deep. You've got something to enter.

Group 8 - NCLT Finals are now open for voting. Two great candidates. Get out and vote.

A hearty thanks to all who entered. The coins were all great and there were a few ties along the way so you can be sure this one isn't an easy decision. Congrats to the finalists and now on to the victory lap.

Group 2 Finals were posted this morning. WOW! That's going to be a really tough catagory to pick a winner. The coins are absolutely superb. I'm glad that I can't vote - I'd never make up my mind on that one.

The last submission catagories closed this morning so we're moving along quite nicely. I'm thinking that by mid to late March we'll be going for the overall PCI2010 Champion. Don't wait too long to get involved and cast your vote. You don't want to feel like a late comer when all the shouting and celebrating starts.

:ninja: Thanks for all the hard work, Art! What a well-run contest so far (as it always is.)

Thank you. I hope that everyone is enjoying it.

So we have the semi-finals up for Group 9 - Exonumia as of this morning. You have some time on this one but you'll need it. The decision process here is going to be mighty tough.

Thanks to everyone for their submissions and votes. I've been enjoying the competition and hope you all have been too.

Don't forget, as they used to say in NY, Boston, Chicago and LA -- Vote begorra! Vote often! Vote for you dead friends and relatives! Break out of jail if needed but get that Vote in there.

We have a winner up for Group 8 - NCLT ---- josemartin's 2 Kroner Denmark - 40th Anniv Reign Christian IX 1902. Congratulations to JoseMartins. It was a tough battle. Beautiful coins in that group.

Round 3 of Group 6 1901-2000 was put up for voting this morning. Study these beauties if you need a bit of time. Voting closes 23Feb2010. Have fun and get out there and vote.

Group 10 Round 2 is up for voting. Lots of really nice material in this one. It's going to be awfully hard to choose. Come on over and vote. Don't let your opinion be lost for the ages. :ninja:

Group 9 - Exonumia Finals are up for voting. This will be a very hard choice. I certainly don't know which way Elverno will vote. Take a look and make your vote count.

The third round of voting for Group 5 is opened too. Wow! There are some beauties in this contest.

Have fun and get out there and vote.

So over at PCI2010 this morning we have put up the last two voting pairings in Group 6. So vote on these. The winners will go to the Group 6 Finals. You'll also notice that Group 3 is up for Final voting. Very exciting offerings there. You folks that get to vote have some hard choices to make. Go for it and have fun.

Archived