CoinPeople.com

Finding Interesting Fancy Numbers in the Circulation

see323

It's because you're using an Auto White Balance (i.e. "normal sunlight") setting on the camera, when you're actually shooting under Tungsten lights indoors. The camera has no real understanding of color, and "Auto" means "guess". Take a look at the settings for white balance, I'm sure there's a way to change it for interior pics.

That's an amazing collection of fancy serial numbers, by the way!

Dave

Thanks for the advice, I thought I turned it off, but I only turned off the autoflash. Bah. As far as the collection, it was what made working as a cashier worthwhile, lol. Thanks again, though.

And See, I like that last one that is (almost) all nines!

Thanks for the advice, I thought I turned it off, but I only turned off the autoflash. Bah. As far as the collection, it was what made working as a cashier worthwhile, lol. Thanks again, though.

And See, I like that last one that is (almost) all nines!

Before scanner became popular, I used to photograph old photos or any magazine materials with a manual SLR camera. The camera was mounted on a flatbed stand. A good way is to photograph your banknotes using the natural light without using your camera flash.

Alternatively, you can correct the colouration of your banknote images with photoshop.

Yes, I agree a cashier will be in a better position to spot the gems. But if you are going through every note in front of a customer such as in the bank, he or she may get quite impatient with your action. Hopefully you are a backroom cashier and not the frontline cashier.

So far, over the years, I have spotted and collected more than 40 pieces of those almost solid number banknotes. I didn't realised I have so many collected. It was only recently, when a forumer in another website decided to start a topic on these almost solid number banknotes, I became interested. :ninja:

How do you find these so regularly, see?!

Actually not every day. Sometimes not even months. Just so happen that I open eyes bigger than before when it passes through my hands.

Some may think that there are a lot of almost solids in the circulation. It is not true. Just so happen to be lucky these few days.

:ninja:;););)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Great thread, I like your 300300 serial See! Keep it up you have an awesome collection.

I recently stumbled upon this note, which also has a repeater serial,

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

Also got a few old notes with decent/nice serials, some are crisp notes and some are pretty well used, but then again I never really paid attention to their condition... only their serial.

Nice 3 digits repeater. :ninja:

Great thread, I like your 300300 serial See! Keep it up you have an awesome collection.

I recently stumbled upon this note, which also has a repeater serial,

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

Also got a few old notes with decent/nice serials, some are crisp notes and some are pretty well used, but then again I never really paid attention to their condition... only their serial.

Nice 3 digits repeater. ;)

Thank you ;)! Got some more to post:

666010 (Always fancied notes with 666, :ninja: )

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

840047 (If only the 7 was an 8 ;) )

DSC00081.jpg

889799 (Just got this today, needs to be kept in a book to flatten)

DSC00084.jpg

807711 (Again if only 0 was an 8)

DSC00083.jpg

000301 (Low serial)

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

Now for some foreign notes:

DSC00075-1.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived