CoinPeople.com

1904 poltina for sale on eBay

bobh

This coin seems to pass the usual diagnostics, but maybe I am missing something?

1904-AR 50 kopecks

Actually, I have no intention of buying this coin ... rare as it might be, the condition is just barely collectible, and the price seems too high for such a coin. But I was wondering ... the seller is in Lithuania, but surely there are better venues for selling a coin like this than eBay?

What do you think? :ninja:

This coin seems to pass the usual diagnostics, but maybe I am missing something?

Actually, I have no intention of buying this coin ... rare as it might be, the condition is just barely collectible, and the price seems too high for such a coin. But I was wondering ... the seller is in Lithuania, but surely there are better venues for selling a coin like this than eBay?

What do you think? :ninja:

it seems to me that this 50 kopeks from Litunia owner was recommneded be auctioned on ebay after trying on molotok, just in case may be one american can cathch it diring the holiday season ;)

I have found from looking at Russian, Siberian, and Moldavian coins, that the Baltic States are the main outlet for fakes making the transition from the East to the West.

main reason for Baltic country selling coins and particlular these are that russia has a law against selling out old coins, in this case who is going to risk from russia to sell fake on ebay let say and than have custom problem if cought to proof that it is not 1760 coin but a copy/fake/restrike/novodel :ninja: