CoinPeople.com

2010 coins

numismatic nut

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are real?

Where did you get it?

One local grocery chain must get their coins from a different source than everyone else around here. They are the only semi-

consistant source of 2010 cents nickels and dimes. The chain,Wegmans, is based in Rochester so maybe they ship coinin from there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm jealous! I still haven't found a single '10 nickel in circulation. Looking at the production figures, I'm beginning to suspect that the Hot Springs quarter might be a key design someday.

Sadly, I have now come to realize that '10 dimes and pennies probably aren't going to be nearly as rare as they were last year. I managed to snag 2 rolls of BU '10 dimes and about 5 rolls of '10 pennies from my work.

Received 3 very nicely struck 2010-D US Dimes in change today...

Received two 2010-P dimes yesterday in change and both had super strikes, almost prooflike.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the mint really bumped up production around the start of summer. 2010 pennies and dimes are very common. Nickels slightly less. I still have not seen any 2010 quarters in Western NY. It would appear that 2009 will be the tougher year as I have only seen pennies and a couple 2009 territory quarters. No nickels or dimes.

I have acquired through change numerous shield cents (totaling at least 100 so far); several 2010 nickels; several 2010 dimes and a few 2010 national park quarters! It seems that I am in the right area for finding new coins in circulation which is Seattle Washington. I have been very fortunate and enthralled at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived