CoinPeople.com

2010 coins

numismatic nut

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Mother in Law in Houston just mailed me a 2010-D cent!!

They seem to be everywhere in Houston, the new cents that is. I got back to town a couple weeks ago and have received the shields at over a dozen establishments.

As for the 2010 park quarters- nada.

Ciao,

AWACS

I finally said 'the heck with it' and went to the local coin shop and filled out the '09 and '10 cents -- in P&D anyway. Didn't bother with proofs.

I asked about '09 nickels and dimes and he says the gov't hasn't released them, except maybe some nickels in Puerto Rico. He's seen rolls of BU '09 nickels that he can only assume have been liberated from mint sets going for $40 for one roll on eBay. I just checked and saw one going for almost $60.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great pics, syzygy. Those are the first real ones I've seen.

I found my first 2010 coins a few days ago. I got about 5 brand new dimes. June 19th, I believe. I've found more 2010 coins than 2009.

Got 3 2010 dimes back today from McDonalds. All P.

I have plenty of the shield cents and several of the first park quarters (By the way, does the surface treatment on the quarters look different to anyone else?) but I have not seen nickels or dimes from 2010....in fact....I haven't even seen that many from 2009!

We've been so inundated with both dimes and cents in Atlanta that I'm not even keeping them anymore. I have 5 BU rolls of shield cents, on top of about 200 loose ones. I snagged one full roll of BU dimes, and have pieced another from choice dimes I pull out of my till.

Still zilch on the quarters and nickels, though. I have a feeling that 2010 will be an indisputable key date for quarters, if not nickels as well.

Sod all so far this year (not even a 1p, 2p or 5p coin so far) and I'm still patiently waiting to find the 2009 50p & £2 commemorative coins, seems like the mint didn't release any of those at all for some strange reason (normally it's the standard ones that don't make it out of the mint in anything other than presentation packs). Having said that all I saw of 2009 was the 1p, 2p, 5p & 10p, everything else seems to have been held back, they're normally all out by March.

Having said that all I saw of 2009 was the 1p, 2p, 5p & 10p, everything else seems to have been held back, they're normally all out by March.

I've seen more 20ps than 10ps and received the same amount of £1s as 10ps. Must be different parts of the country to alter the distribution, I think, as I've got many of each denomination. (No 2009 £2s though...)

As for 2010, received my first on Tuesday.

2010a.jpg

2010b.jpg

I take back what I said before about the park quarters never making it into circulation. Got two from Yellowstone today! Pictures up tomorrow.

And as an aside, I don't like the die modification to the front. They seem to be trying to imitate the very strong strikes of older quarters without actually giving them the high relief typical of older quarters. When I found it, I initially thought it was a "struck through grease" error. Something tells me that these coins will not hold up well in circulation at all. A real shame, because the 2010 dimes I've found (and don't worry, they are more than plentiful this year) have been very well-struck so far.

Archived