CoinPeople.com

Double Print US dollar bill (pics)

candra s

Hello,

I've had this bill for quite some years now and just wondering if it is real and what it could be worth?

dollar2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/mnmcandiez/dollar1.jpg[/img

Yes, it appears to be real. It is a major misalignment error, One web site (click on the link) estimates between $300 and $600. Of course, that would be your price to buy. It depends on the dealer/collector, the condition (don't fold it), and whether the front is aligned properly as to what an actual offer would be. But, this should give you an approximate range. Neat find. Congratulations.

Depending on the serial numbers this is likely not a real error. The fed sells large sheets of notes from time to time and some rather rude counterfeiters decide it is a good idea to make facsimile error notes. My guess is that this is one of them.

The web site I pointed to notes the flip side must be normal to be a misalignment. If it is not, then I would agree that it is probably not a BEP product. If it is normal, one could not be cut from a full sheet by hand (unless it too is misaligned and I'm guessing that would be a real prize and really, really stupid to cut up).

Yep, that number sequence is from a full sheet that has been cut apart. Sorry it's not a legitimate error, still neat looking though.

Archived