CoinPeople.com

Nudity on coins - NSFW unless it's the 1920s?

KoRnholio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breasts aren't that uncommon on coins and notes... But I can honestly say this is a first for me:

1926 Albania 1/2 Leku

http://www.northeastcoin.com/coinimages/319990331o.jpg - the, ahem, possibly NSFW image

319990331r.jpg

Look at this one with QEII on the obverse:

http://cgi.ebay.com/elf-Cook-Islands-1-Dol...=item5637e0e694

tok088.jpg

France, Aux Glaces Bordello Token, 25 Rue Ste. Apolline, Paris, ca. 1890 AD.,

Brass Token (22 mm / 1,63 g), hollow or stuffed with some light material,

Obv.: AUX GLACES / 25 / R. STE- APOLLINE / PARIS , ("In Mirrors").

Rev.: MONNAIE DE SINGE / A , winged nude standing Liberty (or Victory, or angel) writting "CONSTI / TUTION" in 2 lines on tablet set on base, A and a left standing rooster in right field, fasces and unclear object in left.

:ninja:

Breasts aren't that uncommon on coins and notes... But I can honestly say this is a first for me:

1926 Albania 1/2 Leku

http://www.northeastcoin.com/coinimages/319990331o.jpg - the, ahem, possibly NSFW image

319990331r.jpg

All that muscle and yet the size of a blind cobblers thumb

I don't think she is completely nude - there seems to be a thin, maybe see-through, Lindsay Lohan style garment there

Certainly not something you can wear to work!

Speaking of which, she recently came out with her own line of "clothing" Link to "celebtv" gossip site If you check the site you learn that the crowd rather disliked the show. Some styles were topless with "heart-shaped pasties" covering nipples.

I suggest she design the new 10 cent piece. :ninja:

Nice coins there! I am completely taken aback by the ratio of the figures Man and Lion on the one-half Lek. If that was an african lion, then the man would be about 12 to 14 feet high. A great center for any basketball team!

However if the man is normal at 6feet3inches average height, then the lion would be the size of a small dog! wow!

Whatever it is, the artwork is sufficiently lacking in all the important proportions ;)

Still it is an interesting thread when it gets to gold. Thank you for the coin pics and holiday cheers to all!! :ninja: