CoinPeople.com

Russia 1789(AM) 5 Kopeek - Is this coin fake?

kopeikin

It is hard to believe that no one bid for the coin in this condition. Is this coin fake? Here is the link:

Coin looks normal. It is not rare, condition is not exceptional. No bids yet, you say. Many bidders are snipers, bidding only 3-4 seconds before deadline. Sigi

It is hard to believe that no one bid for the coin in this condition. Is this coin fake? Here is the link:

I see 1 bid showing. :ninja:

Original, as far as I can tell.

Too bad about the marks (perhaps from a shovel???). Otherwise, it would be a nice coin. But not very rare at all with 8,000,000 minted.

...Remove my Pavel rouble from the fakes section. It is NOT! Despite the very low weight.

One more time. I DO NOT sell fakes. Sometimes it is hard to tell. I DO provide pictures, descriptions and have money back guarantee NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If you don't like it - send it back for the full refund...

I'm confused. :ninja:

Do you mean this rouble?

If so, and given that you quite clearly state here in this forum that you offer a full, no questions asked refund, then why does the lot description say "I DO NOT guarantee the authenticity for this coin. Seems to be fine but WEIGHT is 18g ONLY!"?

Forgive me for saying so, but your statements seem inconsistent and mutually contradictory to me. I fail to see how a coin can be both guaranteed and not guaranteed at the same time. I request your assistance in helping me to understand this most difficult concept. ;)

PS. Marks are not from the shovel by the way. The coin is from the old collection without any corrosion showing. It came back from NCS describing the marks as "defect" and MS details as far as I remember.

I agree with Grivna. One more contradiction - In the auction description it says "no returns accepted", yet seller states here the coin can be returned. "MS details" - is it an insult to this forum? The item is VF at best.

Archived