CoinPeople.com

My Baroque kopeck from Mr. Elmen arrived!

bobh

Here it is (lot 334 from the last auction):

1756-СПБ overstruck on earlier type:

Unfortunately, the "minor rim nick" is quite prominent ... and obviously recent, because it shows some very shiny copper: ;)

the very first post had said about "problem coin";

once i started using "problem coin" introdused in the first post, -

this post was edited and "problem" removed :ninja:

Problem or not, I have made my decision as to what to do with this coin. I haven't been collecting as long as some other people, but long enough to know that you sometimes have to take the good with the bad and wait for a better coin to come along than you already have. When I do find a better one, I will probably sell this one, possibly at a loss, but I think not too much of a loss considering that such a coin in problem-free condition would have been much more expensive.

Can we please close the discussion now? I don't think this is going anywhere.

Problem or not, I have made my decision as to what to do with this coin. I haven't been collecting as long as some other people, but long enough to know that you sometimes have to take the good with the bad and wait for a better coin to come along than you already have. When I do find a better one, I will probably sell this one, possibly at a loss, but I think not too much of a loss considering that such a coin in problem-free condition would have been much more expensive.

Can we please close the discussion now? I don't think this is going anywhere.

x2 :ninja:

:ninja:

P.S. I just realized that fresh cut will be covered by patine in a while anyway. Nice coin. ;)

Archived