CoinPeople.com

China - East Hopei coinage

gxseries

satootoko, I reckon it's the paranoia of counterfeit Chinese coins these few years as well as the increase of wealth within the general Chinese population. Genuine Chinese silver crowns have been commanding insane prices that I have never seen before and this is not a surprise considering the huge Chinese population as well as the communist history of melting down a lot of historically important coins.

In fact it seems a fair number of Chinese are inconfident of the coins sold within the country, they are much happier paying better prices from overseas in particular auction houses, believing that they are more likely to be genuine.

Also satootoko, care to share what's in your collection of Puppet State collection? I'm very interested to know. :ninja:

Also satootoko, care to share what's in your collection of Puppet State collection? I'm very interested to know.
I've made a note to do that when I get a chance. Right now I'm embroiled in setting up a new computer and transferring tons of stuff, so the coin collection is not readily available.

Archived