CoinPeople.com

Wow.I found 9 wheat's in my very 1st roll today!

PennyLoafer63

Oh I did......Believe me,you didn't know that was me squalling??? ;);) and I found maybe 3 more wheatie's out of the whole box?? And those were in the very 1st roll..........I thought OMG ;) .........Me?? :yes: ....I just knew I'd hit paydirt...LoL

But I did get a 55 out of one of the last few roll's.....Oh And i almost forgot to tell ya,Got what I think is one ugly coin.LoL It has uraca cincuentenario on it 1953?..I don't even know what it is till i google it here in a sec.I'd almost forgot I found it :ninja:

Thanx Guy's!

Oh I did......Believe me,you didn't know that was me squalling??? ;);) and I found maybe 3 more wheatie's out of the whole box?? And those were in the very 1st roll..........I thought OMG ;) .........Me?? :yes: ....I just knew I'd hit paydirt...LoL

But I did get a 55 out of one of the last few roll's.....Oh And i almost forgot to tell ya,Got what I think is one ugly coin.LoL It has uraca cincuentenario on it 1953?..I don't even know what it is till i google it here in a sec.I'd almost forgot I found it :ninja:

Thanx Guy's!

Panama is the place. Actually in the last couple of years I think I have gotten three or so Panamanian coins, one from the Philippines, several Euro 2 cent coins from either Germany and France, lots of Canadian dating back to 1928 GV cents, Bahamas, etc. In my last box earlier this week I came up with the following finds:

Yesterday I searched two cent boxes - a total of $50 in cents, 5.000 of them all total. I could have been disappointed about the lower than usual number of wheat cents, I usually average about 10 a box, this time I averaged only six per box. One had only eight wheats and the other only five, but in the latter box I made a find I would have though impossible for a coin machine counted and sorted coin.

USA Wheats

1941 and a bit of a late date woody

1942-D

1943 - I have gotten four other steel cents from the reject slots in coin machines in the past few months - but I thought it was impossible to find that they actually went through a coin sorter machine and got wrapped because they are steel and magnetic!

1945 X 2

1950-D

1952-D

1955-D X 2

San Francisco Mints

1969 X 3

1971 x 5

A 1980 cent with the Masonic symbol stamped on it, someone must have spent their "lucky penny"

Canada

George VI

YH Elizabeth II

1962 x 4

1964 x 6

1967 Centennial

Then I returned the rejects, the post 1982 coins, to another bank with a coin sorter. When I got there, I looked in the slot and voila, there was 41 cents in mostly Canadian change waiting for me to bring to a loving home.

Oh Wow!! ;) I can tell you have alot more experience than I do or ever will have probably...LoL

I usually average about mmm 6-8 wheat's and maybe 5-6 S'........I've never thrown an S' or a wheat back.....The S' are like hitting the lottery here,ya know!

I have ton's of Canadian's,the earliest I think is 1920 and some 2000+ that are in great condition to be from roll's!

I found my first and only euro about 6 month's ago....Lord it was like Christmas to me,then I found a bahamian a few week's ago and now the Panama........(Thank You for filling me in) I must've missed that day of school and didn't learn about people actually having coin's in other countrie's.... :ninja: I found a plastic school money coin in one...LoL

It never get's boring does it??

I have never to this day found a 43 at all ;) Found everything but that!

Oh I found a 1969 with Kennedy's profile on it today also......Thank God I had seen one before or I'd have probably fell over with shock! ;)

I never searched the S's when I lived out on the Left Coast but did occasionally turn them up in circulation, but I would opin that they are maybe a bit more common outside of the Left Coast which is their usual pasture - if only because people are less familiar with them. I turn up the nickels from 1968-1970 from time to time also.

About a year ago I found a 1919-S in a roll, rather worse for the wear, but I was pleased as punch to find a nearly 90 year old San Fran coin in a roll.

Yes, I have gone through hundreds of boxes. My wife tolerates it better, even though I have several 100lb jugs of pre-1982's stashed, than if I go out and buy some five figure coin that gets me into the doghouse for weeks. Cheap and undestructive pursuits says I.

Oh,Good mind's think alike huh?

I stash my 82-83's till I am certain they aren't doubled die's,because I just started searching roll's about a yr ago.but I am trusting myself more now and actually can bear to part with some of those....Ive bought the book's and tool's I need except for a camera but maybe if I hit the jackpot I can get a good one, :ninja: Flatbed scanner's weren't meant for coins....'LoL

My very first vacation since I was 12 year's old and Bam...lost mine in the ocean!

So somewhere there are shark's laughing at the crazy lady who donated them a cam!

Archived