CoinPeople.com

Dassier Rouble on ebay

grivna1726

This ebay auction offers a Dassier Rouble which, in my opinion, is a counterfeit.

The coin, unsurprisingly, is being offered with a "No Returns Accepted" policy, yet bids currently exceed $2200!!

Of additional interest is the fact that the image of my coin (which I posted to this board a few years ago at this link) is placed with the questionable coin as a sales tool. :ninja:

Mikhail Diakov's name is also being used to help sell the item. ;)

This ebay auction offers a Dassier Rouble which, in my opinion, is a counterfeit.

The coin, unsurprisingly, is being offered with a "No Returns Accepted" policy, yet bids currently exceed $2200!!

Of additional interest is the fact that the image of my coin (which I posted to this board a few years ago at this link) is placed with the questionable coin as a sales tool.

Mikhail Diakov's name is also being used to help sell the item.

I agree completely. I notified the seller that I considered the piece as false and gave

the reasons. The dies do not match those of any specimen known to me. Moreover,

the bust of the Empress is not quite right and the eagle has problems as well.

RWJ

I agree completely. I notified the seller that I considered the piece as false and gave

the reasons. The dies do not match those of any specimen known to me. Moreover,

the bust of the Empress is not quite right and the eagle has problems as well.

RWJ

The auction was not pulled by either ebay or the seller ("emplab"). However, there were no further bids and because the bidding failed to reach the reserve price, it appears that the "coin" in question did not sell.

Archived