CoinPeople.com

uploading pictures

coinhunter

I suggest joining Omnicoin.com and then posting links. If you're only going to sell coins then remember to remove them from your "collection" so someone else can put them up. And welcome to the forum. :ninja:

You sound like I did,well still yet sometime's.. ;) .pix get me too but the easiest way I found is

1.get an online album,I use picasa3...

2.after you edit your pix and all click on the pic you wanna post and hit (save as) jpeg into

your folder

3.now go to where you wanna post your topic

4.after you write in your onfo in the post then look directly to the right at the bottom under the box you just typed in and you see manage attachment's??

5.click on the box that say's browse

6.it'll open your folder and click select,

7.click select on the pic you want

8.then click upload! :ninja:

;) I prolly confused you more but if you need help,don't hesitate to ask me.I know the feeling! Everyone here is very helpful and understanding so take your time and just ask around,I goof Alot!!!! ;)

Photobucket etc are a good free option for storage of larger pics files, which you then can link to your posts. Infraview is a good free resizing tool etc download. Most pics on the internet if you 'right click' on them have the option to 'copy image address' that is the url, which you can then post.

If you register with Photobucket (www.photobucket.com) you can upload the photos to them and then use the IMG code they supply to post them here.

You can resize photos there as well. 640x480 works well here, or 800x600.

It's free and pretty easy to use. And you'll get better at this the more you do it.

Hi 'Coinhunter', welcome aboard. As 'constantinius' and 'hiho' said, Photobucket is a good way to go. Another good one is Imageshack. With both of these, you can upload coin images, and copy the 'image link' to any of the threads on this forum. You can also upload directly to the Coin People forum, but since there's such a limited amount of storage space, this may not be the way to go if your going submit alot of images. Below is an example of how to set this up. This is an image I have stored at Photobucket. Copying and pasting from 'IMG Code', I'm able to submit this image without using up the storage on this forum. Practice a little, it's very easy once you get the hang of it. Good luck.

~Daniel.

SerbianEmpireARDinarCoronationc1346.jpg

SERBIAN EMPIRE~AR Coronation Dinar c.1346 AD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! thank you all and thank you pennyloafer63! I'm back again from a trip, sorry for the delay in reply.

I tried uploading a pic but only succeeded in closing my post! hahaha ok will try and try :ninja:;)

I like the emoticons, there are so many to choose

thank you DJB ;) , yes I noticed there is a max of 57kb and 150x150pixels as the limit, while your pic is 61kb and beyond 150x150pixels. It's an IMG link? what is an IMG? I will try that and hopefully not get logged out again by accident.

thank you :ninja:

is this ok?

1905USPhilippines1PesoRev.jpg

YESSS! ;)

Thank you pennyloafer63! It was an adventure!

You are very welcome........No thanks needed!! Glad it helped though!

I'd say it was an adventure.....LoL I almost never figured it out........kept going to moofieville :ninja:

But not so bad once you get the hang of it!

You should try it with slow dialup....... :yes: DearGod....No, Thank God for dsl!! I only had 3 to 4 twig's of hair left when I finally figured it out!! ;)

OH Hey, Wow you did far better than I did...and I had week's of practice,LoL ;)

thank you DJB ;) , yes I noticed there is a max of 57kb and 150x150pixels as the limit, while your pic is 61kb and beyond 150x150pixels. It's an IMG link? what is an IMG? I will try that and hopefully not get logged out again by accident.

thank you :ninja:

No problem 'coinhunter'. I learned this myself by trial and error. I initially stored my images directly to this forum only to find that I ran out of space. As for image transferring. Here's the steps.

1.) Go to your photo storage website (Photobucket, Imageshack etc.), login if necessary.

2.) Click on image that you want to post.

3.) Once selected, there should be options for image linking. On Photobucket it' ll say 'IMG Code' for Image Code, Image Shack will say 'Forum'.

4.) Highlight the link code, then right click and copy the code for the image want.

5.) Go back to this forum (or any forum you wish to post an image), then past the code on to the comment page your writing on.

6.) Click 'Preview Post' before submitting the message. If the image shows up on the preview, you did it correctly. If not, try one of the other link options until an image shows up.

It might help to open a second tab, so as to make going back and forth between the forum and the photo storage site easier and more convenient. Good luck.

~Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back again, thank you Daniel and PennyLoafer! Navigation seems to be my difficulty here, but no problem, I think its just a matter of staying here longer to get the clicks right :ninja:

Thank you PennyLoafer for the short reply! also allows me to reply and get my skills on "how to" a notch higher, rather...half a notch higher.

just a while ago I got lost again, but its now getting a lot easier to find the road back - dont have to call for help too much :ninja: , there are clickablle underlined headings way up the top which is great! ;)

This is a very nice site. Thank you ;)

Archived