CoinPeople.com

Gorny & Mosch are neighbors with Numismatik Lanz...

bobh

Is there any connection or business relationship between the two? They are located literally one block from each other in Munich. Both sell a lot of Russian coins, although the G&M offerings are usually more high-end than Lanz' coins.

Is there any connection or business relationship between the two? They are located literally one block from each other in Munich. Both sell a lot of Russian coins, although the G&M offerings are usually more high-end than Lanz' coins.

If they ARE business-connected, then I'm sorry for the Lanz' business.

I am done with G&M after the most recent auction. I'd placed a few bids by email; received confirmation from G&M and was waiting for the results.

When the results were published I thought I was a lucky winner of 2 lots; contacted G&M to get the invoice with payment instructions. After two weeks (!!) of silence and several reminders, I received a very polite email stating that my bids ("they are very sorry"??) were not registered properly and the coins were sold to another bidder in the room. I am not really sad or surprised but I'm done with them. There are plenty of auctions that treat customers differently.

Actually, that area around Maximiliansplatz is lined up with auction houses. Kunker has office a block away, Hirsch is around the corner...

I have dealt with G&M for a number of years, and my overall experience with them has been good. I am in the U.S. and their shipping charges from Europe are quite reasonable, and I usually get the material quickly. Lately I have been able to pay in USD rather than EUR which saves me extra bank charges to do the currency conversion. I have had a couple of problems with them but I usually just fire off an e-mail to Dieter Gorny directly and it is taken care of.

I have dealt with G&M for a number of years, and my overall experience with them has been good. I am in the U.S. and their shipping charges from Europe are quite reasonable, and I usually get the material quickly. Lately I have been able to pay in USD rather than EUR which saves me extra bank charges to do the currency conversion. I have had a couple of problems with them but I usually just fire off an e-mail to Dieter Gorny directly and it is taken care of.

What can I say ? You are luckier than I am. I also bought from them before but believe my email/mail bids with them are over.

Archived