CoinPeople.com

Malaysia most unique error and expensive 50c coin ever found?I need help and check this out please,very interesting items.

Hi to all of the members over here.Once again,I have just found two Malaysia 50c coins(old and new coins)and I would think this two coins are with unique error(uncommon error) becouse this is also the first time I have seen something like this on this Malaysia coins.The first Malaysia 1982 50c coin is with an unique letter "I" variety on the security edge,the letter "I" is very much wider WITHOUT HOLE in the middle instead of a thinner "I" with hole in the middle normally on the security edge,the "I" is the part of Malaysia word.There are two Malaysia words minted on the security edge,the unique letter "I" is only happend on one side of this coin but the other side of the malaysia word is normal(the letter "I" is thinner with hole in the middle on the security edge).Beside that,I have also compared it together with a few of this 1982 50c coins and their letters "I" are normal with holes in the middle on both words on the security edge of each coin.The second Malaysia 2005 50c coin is with a digit number 2 dissapeared or missing on the obverse side,the number "2" is clearly dissapeared or missing as part of the date,the date is 005 instead of 2005 normally minted on the obverse side of this coin.It looks like that it was minted in the year of AD005 or 2004 years ago and probably it is the oldest Malaysia coin ever made and discovered in the history.Honestly,I have seen letter and word missing on the security edge and on obverse side of some coins but I have never seen an unique or special letter and missing number on the security edge,obverse or reverse side of any coin before except for this two coins.I swear to god I have never used anything to make this errors especially the missing number on the obverse side of the 2005 coin becouse the original luster is still right on the missing part of the surface,if I did wrecked it off by something,the original luster would be gone and probably the missing number part would shine very well just like damage mark or a number 2 shade appears over there and the number 2 still can be seen underneath the white bright light,correct me if Im wrong of this.I believe this are not any common error at all but unique error(uncommon error).Unfortunely,I just cannot confirm if this are genuine unique errors or not because Im not a coin expert,so I need help from you to confirm and certify this type of errors or errors status.Beside that,are this coins with this errors common or rare?Have you seen any coin with a missing number on the date(3 digits instead of 4 digits on the date).Anyway,please check this two coins out showing on the superlarge scans below,click on the images to enlarge it and see carefully and let me know what you think.Dont forget to give me your personal opinion and also answer my questions just now,your help is always apprieiciated from me.Thank you for reading and viewing. ;);):yes::ninja:;)

1-25.jpg

3-23.jpg

6-12.jpg

8-10.jpg

10-5.jpg

19-2.jpg

20-2.jpg

14-4.jpg

15-5.jpg

22-3.jpg

I'm not too sure about the edge lettering, but the missing numeral in the date is likely from a filled die. Sometimes bits of metal break off in the minting process and can be stuck within the die, when the next coin is struck, that filled area will be missing. It is also possible it was struck through grease or some other object. It's a neat error either way and although this type of error isn't incredibly rare, it is collectible.

I'm not too sure about the edge lettering, but the missing numeral in the date is likely from a filled die. Sometimes bits of metal break off in the minting process and can be stuck within the die, when the next coin is struck, that filled area will be missing. It is also possible it was struck through grease or some other object. It's a neat error either way and although this type of error isn't incredibly rare, it is collectible.

Yes,you are right about the 50 sen coin without the number 2 is likely from a filled die and I have to agree with this statement,I thought that the bit of metal strucked in the die hole during and then pressed on this coin during the minting process just like your personal opinion there but I believe this type of error is incredibly rare on Malaysian coins becouse I have been using malaysian coins for so many years(daily)started to use malaysian coins when I was 5 years old until now as a malaysian citizen and I have never ever seen before any of malaysian coins(all difference value) with this type of error or a number missing on the coin surface to be honest,probably this is the first time I have seen this type of error happend on this malaysian coin.Finally,I went to ebay to find this type of error coins and I saw a few coin with this type of error selling there currently but this coins with this errors mostly are USA,CANADA and AUSTRALIA coins and I believe this type of errors are very common happen on this coins from this countries except for my country,correct me if Im wrong of this. :ninja:;);)

I went to ebay to find this type of error coins and I saw a few coin with this type of error selling there currently but this coins with this errors mostly are USA,CANADA and AUSTRALIA coins and I believe this type of errors are very common happen on this coins from this countries except for my country,correct me if Im wrong of this. :ninja:;);)

I think it's mainly because those are the countries that contain the highest concentration of error collectors. We are pretty intense about it in the US. It also comes down to the volume of coins and quality of the mint inspector on duty. I've only found a few error coins in circulation and I've never found some of the most common errors, yet, because I have never seen them doesn't make them any more rare. It all boils down to the existing population known for this specific error. You could be right, and it could be rare on Malaysian coins and it will certainly demand a premium as a legitimate error coin. However, I cannot really quote a value on this coin because as errors go, I only collect US.

Archived