CoinPeople.com

1937 10 Chervonets Banknote

Rhino

Hey, I'm not too familiar with Soviet banknotes, but had a chance to pick one up today and got this one from a guy who didn't even know what it was... I know it's a 10 Chervonets, Lenin's portrait, year's 1937, but how rare are they or what's the potential value of it? I only paid $3 :ninja: , so I really don't mind the loss if it's worthless... any help appreciated!! (the attached image is just a generic one, the serial on mine is different but I have no pics of it available, everything is the same though!)

cherv.jpg

Hey, I'm not too familiar with Soviet banknotes, but had a chance to pick one up today and got this one from a guy who didn't even know what it was... I know it's a 10 Chervonets, Lenin's portrait, year's 1937, but how rare are they or what's the potential value of it? I only paid $3 :ninja: , so I really don't mind the loss if it's worthless... any help appreciated!! (the attached image is just a generic one, the serial on mine is different but I have no pics of it available, everything is the same though!)

hello

the 10 cerv. it is the rarest of the 1937 series but the most common of the cer. from 1922 to 1937

as a numismatic rarity, i considered a not so scarce one but a piece that you will not find it so easy. also, a UNC, because of the size of the notes, on the other hand, it is very hard to get.

3 $ it is a good price. as a guide, the Pick catalogeu gave a 30 $ value for a UNC in 2000 but now i think that on the market are around 50 % more. for this grade.

the vf i bought with 5-10 $ severak times, when i had the occasion.

hello

the 10 cerv. it is the rarest of the 1937 series but the most common of the cer. from 1922 to 1937

as a numismatic rarity, i considered a not so scarce one but a piece that you will not find it so easy. also, a UNC, because of the size of the notes, on the other hand, it is very hard to get.

3 $ it is a good price. as a guide, the Pick catalogeu gave a 30 $ value for a UNC in 2000 but now i think that on the market are around 50 % more. for this grade.

the vf i bought with 5-10 $ severak times, when i had the occasion.

Thanks for the info! It's my first Chervonets, I'm glad I got a decent one.

Archived