CoinPeople.com

1810 copper 2 kopeks EM HM "Chicken type"

one-kuna

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, but not the coin I sell. you do not understand me correctly. I want to buy it myself but for less money.

Tell me how to ship the coins to other countries.

Send a private message. Thank you.

If I were you, I would not try to buy it for less, I would just buy it and thank the seller. If you buy it, I would buy it from you for more $. Go ahad and make a quick buck. :ninja:

I never said you can ship it out of Russia. I said you will mail it inside Russia.

Eagle special type, "Bee" is for sale today for $ 170

including your beatiful bee coin, it makes them count "5" as world-wide known so far :ninja:

Eagle special type, "Bee" is for sale today for $ 170

this coin disapeared from that website same day you posted it, did you have a sucess in buying it :ninja:

So, in just 4 days 5 rare(?) coins were easily found on just one forum. Can you imagine how many of them can be found if all forums start looking ? Are they really that scarce ?

Well this brings up a good point.

While I agree that there are probably quite a few of these to be found if we look, we have to be somewhat careful.

The problem is we've now introduced a selection bias by actually looking for this exact variety. Yes we found 3 more but to be fair we should really ask for people to look for every possible variety of 1810EM and count how many One Kunas show up.

My 1810EM data set was reasonably unbiased. It was built before we started looking for this variety; when I did look I found *roughly* 1 example in a 100 coins. Scarce in my opinion. I suspect that's actually a reasonable ratio. So I would still say they're *relatively* scarce, though perhaps not absolutely scarce.

Best,

Steve

Well this brings up a good point.

While I agree that there are probably quite a few of these to be found if we look, we have to be somewhat careful.

The problem is we've now introduced a selection bias by actually looking for this exact variety. Yes we found 3 more but to be fair we should really ask for people to look for every possible variety of 1810EM and count how many One Kunas show up.

My 1810EM data set was reasonably unbiased. It was built before we started looking for this variety; when I did look I found *roughly* 1 example in a 100 coins. Scarce in my opinion. I suspect that's actually a reasonable ratio. So I would still say they're *relatively* scarce, though perhaps not absolutely scarce.

Best,

Steve

Thanks Steve. It does make sence to say " they're *relatively* scarce " comparing to the common regular types for 1810, I agree .

However, calling this variety flat "scarce" is somewhat ambiguous at this point IMHO.

Thanks Steve. It does make sence to say " they're *relatively* scarce " comparing to the common regular types for 1810, I agree .

However, calling this variety flat "scarce" is somewhat ambiguous at this point IMHO.

Does anyone know what is going on with this variety?

It looks like some kind of error in the die (an extra diagonal wing? :ninja: ) but I don't really understand what happened or how it happened.

tdsc02019176.jpg

searching for this type variant with both sides two large crowns requires some knowledge, first of existance of such variety, which comes from other collectors where data shared; good well push was provided by Adrianov (Perm', Russia) and couple current forum members couple years ago; since that time only these are showed up so far :ninja:

to be continued

....So I would still say they're *relatively* scarce, though perhaps not absolutely scarce.

Best,

Steve

Steve, pls correct me if I am wrong:

What you called scarce or about it, I cannot consider it as scarce. Why?

Well, in Bitkin (from Ilyin & GM) it was observed earlier that small / large crown varieties are in existance.

Even, GM corpus is showing I believe Alex's variant which is a large / small.

Bitkin went further and using Ilyin he added some and catalogued them as:

343 ®

345 (R1)

346 (R1)

He still missed some perspective ones as small/small, large/large and small /large (opposite to 345).

Now, I consider large / large crown variant not less than R1 rarity according Bitkin scale.

From what point this one (large/large) can be consider by you as a scarce?

For example, a researcher Adrianov has not mentioned this fact that this coin a scarce, but opposite, -

he has met (being living in Russia, and issued his copper book) only one sample from last few years (decade?) which is posted by him in russian forum. His major benefit is that if anything comes up in Russia (from digging out or other sources), he is one of the first who can be informed. That is why he said that for all his last time of research experience only one coin was met by him.

I do assume that others sample of large/large will show up. But it is not a question as of today.

I would wait on your respond,

Thank you on advance.

Steve, pls correct me if I am wrong:

:

I would wait on your respond,

Thank you on advance.

Hi One-Kuna. No I don't think you're wrong. I wouldn't interpret my 'scarce' (R on Bitkin's scale) too literally. It could well be R1...I don't know at this point. That said, we have seen 5 now quite easily and assuming they're all genuine it's an interesting question as to how to reconcile that with the findings of our respected colleagues Mr Adrianov and Bitkin.

Best,

Steve

another one just came up in not so good condition, looks from digging out, from Ivanovo, Russian Federation:

http://molotok.ru/item810637813_2_kopejki_...ie_korony.html# :ninja:

So, in just 4 days 5 rare(?) coins were easily found on just one forum. Can you imagine how many of them can be found if all forums start looking ? Are they really that scarce ?

rare, shmere -- I wonder how many on this forum have this variety? If you look hard enough, you can find 5 different Konstantin ruble + novodels sold in the last 100 years (or make that 18 or so sales in total), and you do not need 5 days to go through the catalogs. Does that mean that it is a common coin? :-)

rare, shmere -- I wonder how many on this forum have this variety? If you look hard enough, you can find 5 different Konstantin ruble + novodels sold in the last 100 years (or make that 18 or so sales in total), and you do not need 5 days to go through the catalogs. Does that mean that it is a common coin? :-)

It is not the best to compare Ruble of Konstantine to 1810 varaity.By Bitkin rarity large number coins is rarity R1 ,but some is very common on the Russian coins market last special for the last 10 years.

Ruble of Konstantine not the rarest coins, but most interesting unique type historical coin for Russian Numismatics. If you will have Ruble of Konstantin in the colletion, then your collection one of the top in the word. And on other hand if you have one crown variety for 2 kopecks 1810 then it is hard to call collection, it is more as beginning of the collection.

Well, we can call it as we wish: rare, relatively scarce, just scarce, R1...you name it ..

The bottom line here (at least, for me) is this all is in our heads : if you want it to be considered very rare - good luck ! :ninja: I do not think anyone here has any objections. ...just please do not make me think so .. ;)

That makes 2 people so far.

As I understand, collecting Soviet Russian circulation coins has become quite popular these days. Now that hobby involves measuring microscopic deviations in minute details on otherwise identical coins. So distinguishing coins by stylistic changes in the design does not seem like a hassle in comparison (to me).

How many on this forum collect 1810 2 kopeks coins by crown size variety? :ninja:

same question could be better re-addressed to Bitkin:

why he issued his catalog and to whom ;)

he dedicated it and included 4 types of crowns of 1810 - I think for us, collectors, researchers, professionals, dealers, etc.

it does not matter how many people collect such object,

it does matter how many learn material part and utilized that ;)