CoinPeople.com

Potentially fake 5 Pesetas 1878?

Rhino

I recently posted some pictures of a 1878 5 Pesetas coin I had bought: http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=25151

Well I got the coin today, and was suprised to find that the edge of the coin had very small fine crosses all around it... I was expecting there to be an inscription saying "JUSTITIA LIBERTAD" but instead there were these crosses... But maybe I'm confusing this with another Pesetas coin? I would appreciate any help if one of you guys has a reference book for this, because the only material I could find lists the Pesetas as having "JUSTITIA LIBERTAD"... Thanks!

Answered my own question, sorry for taking up space on the forum... got in touch with a friend who explained that the coins usually have 27 fleur de lis, and the inscription appears on only a certain type of peseta coin... :ninja:

The inscription JUSTICIA Y LIBERTAD appears only in the 5 pesetas ("duros") of the King Amadeo I. In the coins of the King Alfonso XII, only there are 27 fleur de lis.

There are two variants of this coins: with EM M or DE M.

The inscription JUSTICIA Y LIBERTAD appears only in the 5 pesetas ("duros") of the King Amadeo I. In the coins of the King Alfonso XII, only there are 27 fleur de lis.

There are two variants of this coins: with EM M or DE M.

Mine 5 Pesetas 1875 DE M have Justicia Y Libertad on rim. I'm confused: it is something wrong there?