CoinPeople.com

Trivia

Art

Gosh Art, I'm wondering what the answer to this might be. I'm guessing that wasn't the Art Collection.

Hello! Anyone out there?

I have the book sitting on my shelf right next to the Garret collection book. The book never mentions the owner's name who's collection inspired the book, but the owner is mentioned throughout the book and in the References section (his 1975 paper on his complete US collection and his personal correspondence). We do have a sharp member reading this thread.

Yes! It's true (according to Wikipedia)! Johnson ordered for Peace Dollar production in 1965 but have them dated 1964 so they could remain in silver!

your turn, AWACS!

true, a bit of a trick question. Nearly all of them have Latin in the form of "E Plurbus Unum"

As for other languages, several territorial quarters have native languages like Spanish on the Puerto Rico quarter.

What prompted me was while waiting to be a new unc set at the US Mint shop at Washington Union Station a woman came up asking for the "US coin in Spanish". The guy had no idea and with my help they figured out it was the Puerto Rico quarter and they bought a few proof sets.

Next question, which US coins have the dollar sign "$" on them?

Ciao,

AWACS

Actually I believe it was the 100$ platinum eagle coins which began their mint run in 1997. At least that was my answer when I posed the question. As for circulating, I think it is the remodeled Sac dollars as noted above.

Ciao,

AWACS.

Archived