CoinPeople.com

Circ Coin Contacts

bobbycoin

In another thread Kat brought up this question:

Several times I have noticed members saying they have a 'connection' at a place of business or bank.

Did you (or any of our members) make your connection through an existing friend or did you work up the nerve to make a connection with a total stranger?

I don't know anybody who handles lots of coins who doesn't already save them theirselves.

Does anyone have ideas on making new connections and which ones seem to be the best?

I thought it was a great question and an answer I would like to hear also.

So, spill it! :ninja:

-Bobby

Oh, I am a horrible person. Whenever I see someone that is going to use a commemorative coin, I would bug them and ask if I could exchange it. And when I was a lot younger, I would haggle some cashiers to see if they had any "old" coins... :ninja:

Of course I rarely do that nowadays... or rather, there aren't much coins that are worth doing that... ;)

Oh, I am a horrible person. Whenever I see someone that is going to use a commemorative coin, I would bug them and ask if I could exchange it. And when I was a lot younger, I would haggle some cashiers to see if they had any "old" coins... :ninja:

Of course I rarely do that nowadays... or rather, there aren't much coins that are worth doing that... ;)

I never used to ask anything like that.

Actually i've spent more time trying to spend commemorative coins and failed miserably. You've got to love vending machines... the stuff you can get shut of in vending machines that shop workers refuse to take is astounding.

I had a connection at a local bank in Jersey City about 10 years ago, and I just kept going in and asking her for $200 in halves and after about the 3rd time she just told me she'd save all the halves for me and I could just come once a month and pick them up. Lots of Franklins, 90% and 40% Kennedys on that one, the only thing she wouldn't give up was one walker that she got in that she gave to her son. Can't argue with that! Now I have to order them from my local bank branch, so it's more of a hassle, and I don't know the tellers that well so alas no connections.

In another thread Kat brought up this question:

I thought it was a great question and an answer I would like to hear also.

So, spill it! :ninja:

-Bobby

Thanks Ninja B!

I have a friendly new neighbor who works at a grocery store. We've talked over the fence for about two months now and gossip about our pets, flowers, etc. Do you think it would be rude of me to ask her if she would keep an eye out for me if she works the register?

My daughter works at a custom furniutre store as a Design Consultant and has access to the register but almost all of their sales are credit and credit card so she sees very little change.

Seems like everyone else I know who handles change keeps it but my hubby and I go through his every night. :ninja:

Like your stories, though. Keep 'em comin'! ;)

I myself wish I had a bank connection. I am in €uroland, so it would not be to find older coins or silver coins. I would just like to get rolls from the mint so I could pick out UNCs for my collection. (The Mint here does not sell rolls.)

There is a cash register where I work. However, the cash flow is not very much, so we do not order rolls of any sort. However, a lot of tourists come through so I see a lot of interesting foreign €uros, and have also found a few of the key dates for Finnish euros and cents.

Archived