CoinPeople.com

100 rouble 1898

alex67

100_Rouble_1898_Timashev_Brut.jpgHello,

recently I've purchased two 100 rouble notes from 1898 (konshin and Timashev - please see scans).

Previous owner laminated them, and I'm not sure what to do. Would taking them out damage the notes? or I should simply leave it as it is? So far a haven't encountered this problem.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

many thanks,

Alex

I agree. Leave it laminated. If you decide to sell it, it won't be at a premium but hopefully it's desirable enough that someone won't mind.

Gents,

thank you very much for your advice.

I guess previous owner wanted to keep them preserved...and I wouldn't like to gamble with these notes:) I'll keep it as it is

many thanks,

Alex

wow, the Timashev signature as governor has Brut as "cassier".

this notes with this second signature are very rare because Brut was arrested for financial problems and the notes signed by him were used as charms.

hard to fint them and hard to find the decent...

wow, the Timashev signature as governor has Brut as "cassier".

this notes with this second signature are very rare because Brut was arrested for financial problems and the notes signed by him were used as charms.

hard to fint them and hard to find the decent...

Siluska,

many thanks for your add. I'm collecting mainly Yugoslav notes, but in last couple of years Russian banknotes became my second love:)

Do you know perhaps how many chashier's signatures are for 1898 100 rouble notes? I managed to aquire two Konshin's 100 r 1898 notes with signatures of Metz and Gr. Ivanov, and another Timashev 100 r 1898 note with Morozov's signature.

many thanks,

Alex

100_Rouble_1898_Konshin_Gr.Ivanov_web.jpg

Archived