CoinPeople.com

Chinese silver dollar coin with extra dots,rainbow and torns error?A new discovery on chinese silver dollar coin?I need help from the expert please.

Hi everyone,nice to see you all again.I need help from the coin experts to identify this coin with this unique error.This is a Chinese 1920(9 years) yuan shih kai silver dollar coin from my collection,UNC condition.Obviously,there are a few things "Extra" appeared on obverse and reverse sides surface(both sides),

On obverse side,

There are two unusual dots and a hair line appeared on the left and right of the uniform.

On reverse side,

There is a rainbow with a few lines just right below the chinese word "yuan" and one of the leaf on the right side has short and long sharp torns on it but the leaf on the left side with no torns at all clearly showing on the last scan.Seems the "yuan" is right on the rainbow and the only leaf on the right side that grow sharp torns on it.Everytime I try to use my fingernail to dig the torns part softly and my fingernail would struck there from getting through,this is to confirm the torn die is there.

In my personal opinion,I would consider it as "Unique error silver coin" becouse I have never seen before something like this(especially the rainbow and torn parts)appeared on this Chinese yuan shih kai silver dollar coin and probably Im the first person who discovered this error parts.I also believe Chinese silver coin with error is certainly very very rare.

Unfortunely,I really have no idea what happend to this errors and die during process and unable to confirm if it is a new discovery on chinese silver coin or not.So I need help and opinion from the error coin expert to identifying the errors and die of it,help is always apprieciated from me.Remember to click,enlarge and view every superlarge scans below and see error parts carefully.Anyway,I hope to hear from you very soon.Thank you and have a nice day. :ninja:;);)

NOTE:THIS COIN IS GUARANTEE 100% ORIGINAL AND GENUINE CHINESE SILVER COIN BUT NOT COUNTERFEIT AND REPRODUCTION TYPE BECOUSE IT WAS PASSED DOWN FROM MY GRANDMA TO MY FATHER FROM CHINA ON LAST TIME.

1-16.jpg

2-16.jpg

3-14.jpg

4-13.jpg

6-5.jpg

7-7.jpg

The lines are from a clashed die. The dies came together without a coin blank and lightly transferred the mirrored image of the opposite side onto each side. It is not a unique error however because the transferred images would be given to each coin stamped after the fact. It is, if a real coin, a nice and very collectable error.

• 1 month later...

Hi,nice to see some of you once again.Fortunely,I have just discovered another "unique error" on the security edge of this coin beside die clash error.I really have no idea what kind of error is this and it is not a common error on any coin.I have never ever seen something like this before and probably this is the first time I have seen something like this,so I would consider and call it as "unique error".Obviously,I can see there are two thicker lines or teeth than the rest on the security edge showing on the superlarge scan below,the left tooth is eventually much more thicker than the right tooth.Normally,the teeth on the security edge are all the same size(on each tooth).Probably this is a double error coin(die clash and security edge errors).

May I know what kind of error is this on the security edge?Is this considered as "unique error" type?Is this a common or rare error?What happened to this silver dollar coin during the processing?I hope someone can tell me something about this error and also answer all my questions,I need help from you and your help is apprieiciated from me.Thank you very much.I will see you soon. :ninja:;) ;)

12-4.jpg

13-3.jpg

Archived