CoinPeople.com

Unusual Communion Token

Slightly unusual Communion Token here;- first of all, it appears to be made of copper, whereas most of these seem to be of either Lead, Iron or Zinc and secondlt, an unusual quote "DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME" with the first two words in the incorrect order?.. Can anyone tell me what the 'T.E.' stands for?

33kd405.jpg

2ahbjir.jpg

Slightly unusual Communion Token here;- first of all, it appears to be made of copper, whereas most of these seem to be of either Lead, Iron or Zinc and secondlt, an unusual quote "DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME" with the first two words in the incorrect order?.. Can anyone tell me what the 'T.E.' stands for?

The "DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME" is okay, it is also written "THIS DO etc" depending on which version of the Bible is used.

The T. E. might be for Tyndale's Edition (of the Bible)

Nice token.

"DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME" with the first two words in the incorrect order?.. Can anyone tell me what the 'T.E.' stands for?

33kd405.jpg

On second thoughts:

"But let a man examine himself" sounds as if they were aware of testicular cancer. So perhaps T. E. is just for a self administered Testicular Examination :ninja:

I know I have a warped mind ;)

On second thoughts:

"But let a man examine himself" sounds as if they were aware of testicular cancer. So perhaps T. E. is just for a self administered Testicular Examination :ninja:

I know I have a warped mind ;)

Just hope you don't get prostate - I'm not sure the doctor-free test is very effective yet ;)

The token relates to a town in Forfarshire called `Kirriemuir' which is sited circa 19 miles or so north of Dundee. Birth place of the author of `Peter Pan'.....just to add to the significance .

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Often the initials of the pastor/minister of the church which issued the communion token were included on the token. "T. E." could very well be the minister's initials. You could check in one of the many guides that have been published for these tokens including Communion Tokens of the World by Lester Burzinski (1999) and Comprehensive Directory of World Communion Tokens by O. D. Cresswell (1985).

Archived