CoinPeople.com

Questions around some russian/soviet medals -tokens.

Klub

On an other forum (numismatikforum.de) i asked some qustions around som russian and soviet medals and tokens i have. An other member there suggested i should try here. I know - most of you collect coins but it seems that some of you are also interested in medals.

I live on an island in sweden - far avay from medalcollectors and referencebooks as Diakov and so on. So i am wery happy for answers and more knowledge about these 5 medals and tokens.

Sorry about the ugly pictures. Colour and sharpness has gone avay when i rezised them.

1. A one-sided bronzeplaque size 62 x 90 mm. No signature or markings but teh text A.Tjechow. I know the writer but has anyone any knowledge about when and by who this plaque was made? If it is old and listed i Diakov i would be happy about the Diakov-number.

000_2605.jpg

3. On the left. 35 mm in diameter. I really dont knov what this is? Some sort of token or...

On the frontside ther is a picture that could shov a ship with land beyond. The texyt reads something like this: RUSSK.BALT.?UD.IMECH.A.O.

On the back: DETONAT.M-SKAJA

On both sides there are socondary made signs. Used as something else later?

4. 15 mm. This i belive is a german or austrian "spielgeld" or "rechenpfennig". On front there is a picture of a woman - godess. On the backside there is text that seems to possibly be russian that reads: RUSK or something. Could this be "spielgeld" made for the russian market. Does someone knov if this "spielgeld" has any conection with russia?

To this day i have found about 20 different "spielgeld" with russian tsars and a pair of generals.

000_2600.jpg

000_2603.jpg

4. Size 65 mm bronze. I understand the purpose and when this medal was struck. 15´th International Fysiological Congress 1935shoving a picture of I.M. Setjenov. But does someone know who the artist is who has made it and if it was given to participants of the congress as a memory? Maybe this medal is not usual?

5. Also 65 mm. This medal of Felix Dzerzhinsky i only have seen in other variants. This one with only his signature and lifeyears i dont know when and for what purpose it was made? I GUESS in the sixties or seventies but does someone her know anything more?

000_2628.jpg

000_2626.jpg

On an other forum (numismatikforum.de) i asked some qustions around som russian and soviet medals and tokens i have. An other member there suggested i should try here. I know - most of you collect coins but it seems that some of you are also interested in medals.

I live on an island in sweden - far avay from medalcollectors and referencebooks as Diakov and so on. So i am wery happy for answers and more knowledge about these 5 medals and tokens.

Sorry about the ugly pictures. Colour and sharpness has gone avay when i rezised them.

1. A one-sided bronzeplaque size 62 x 90 mm. No signature or markings but teh text A.Tjechow. I know the writer but has anyone any knowledge about when and by who this plaque was made? If it is old and listed i Diakov i would be happy about the Diakov-number.

This plaque is Diakov 1599. Rarity rating R3 (very rare). Made by firm "Werner & Sons". They produced 8 different plaques related to Russian royalty, writers, singers, composers. First time I see this one.

4. Size 65 mm bronze. I understand the purpose and when this medal was struck. 15´th International Fysiological Congress 1935shoving a picture of I.M. Setjenov. But does someone know who the artist is who has made it and if it was given to participants of the congress as a memory? Maybe this medal is not usual?

5. Also 65 mm. This medal of Felix Dzerzhinsky i only have seen in other variants. This one with only his signature and lifeyears i dont know when and for what purpose it was made? I GUESS in the sixties or seventies but does someone her know anything more?

4. This medal is by Vasyutinsky. Shkurko/Salykov 25. There were 1500 medals struck. All early Soviet medals (prior to 1950th) are rare in my opinion.

5. Struck in 1960. By Belokurov. Shkurko/Salykov 183. There were 1316 medals struck.

4. This medal is by Vasyutinsky. Shkurko/Salykov 25. There were 1500 medals struck. All early Soviet medals (prior to 1950th) are rare in my opinion.

5. Struck in 1960. By Belokurov. Shkurko/Salykov 183. There were 1316 medals struck.

how nice to have Shkurko book, and she is a nice friendly lady I spoke with her about two weeks ago over a phone !!

Thank You IgorS!

You answered most of my questions!

I am general collector of medals of whole world and bring together library of all countrys and times is for me impossible. I have no knowledge of russian coins but i saw a qustion in an other thread about the engraver Hedlinger and soemone who asked for pictures from that book and i will take some if there are some illustrations of russian medals and coins in it. But it will take some time.

Friendly regards

Hannes i Sweden - Gotland

Archived